EM TuningVolks Autos
    previously LeeS3

Status

best wheel brake combination - BBS?

Okay,

So I am thinking in the not too distant future about new front callipers, but don't want to fit wheel spacers. I have the RS4 replicas at the minute, but they can't take the increased calliper size.

Does anyone know where I can get the exact inner wheel clearance guides of a set 18 inch BBS wheels?

I like the bbs challenge one the best.

Or is anyone running BBS wheels with brembo/porsche callipers and no spacers?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: best wheel brake combination - BBS?

I don't think there are any data on this. Unfortunately, it has been done by trial and error. As an example, Stoptech offers templates to download and use to "see" if th clipers would fit, but you need the wheels off the car to check and it is only good for Stoptech calipers.

It may come down to your second question - hoping that someone has done the mod successfully.

2nd Gear

Status

just buy spacers?

previously LeeS3

Status

I don't want spacers.. if at all possible.

imported_WIL9598

I have Brembos on my Golf with BBS CH 19's and I need a 3mm spacer. It was the only BBS wheel that I didn't need a 5mm spacer or more for.

imported_nmb

Evoms kit with porsche 996 monoblock calipers and S4 rotors (321x30mm) fits on the S4 wheels with no spacers. That's the kit I'm putting and hoping my replica RS4 17" ET35 wheels will take it.

...Watching you!

Status

Use 225/40ZR18's instead of the 235's!

Rich

1st Gear

Status

Hey RastaS4, I have exactly the same problem as you since i had my suspension lowered at QST and although it doesnt happen alot i looked into rectifiying the situation. At first the answer seemed obvious, as Rich has pointed out just get 225/40, thing is i have read posts where people say they still have issues even with the 225/40 on a 18x8.5. I was gonna go to 215/40 to sort it out but doing this dramatically changes the ride comfort.

I was actually thinking of either rolling the wheel arches (not really what i want to do), get the rs4 body panels (v expensive) or selling my front 2 bbs on ebay and get 18x8 for the front so that the front wheels sit inside the wheel arch. I have seen an S4 with this setup, albeit on a track prepared APR S4. Using 18x8 up front should also increase turn in and reduce tramlining. You can then use spacers to push the wheel out.

Someone tell me if im talking crap, i have been searching for the best / cheapest solution for this for ages.