continental sport contact 2

worthingmale

Reaction score
hi

got these on 18's on my a3 tdi quattro, however after about 12,000 miles of normal driving the fronts are really really down on tread.

If I swap the backs with the fronts will it affect the quattro system in any way, or will it be fine

Also what other tyres are out there that I should look at, hopefully something that lasts longer but is also a good performer.

Cheers

nigel

Hi.Looks like people dont want to talk to you.I know the feeling!!My 2006 avant came with cont sport contact 2's, and i must admit i did like them apart from the fact i was only getting 8000 on the fronts.When they needed replacing, i stuck some goodyear eagle f1's on, and i really rate them.Quiet, great in the wet and dry....but shyte in the snow/ice.Cant have everything!.Ive had my 2009 for a month now with 19" wheels on, and it came with bridgestone potenzas....glad it wasnt dunlop....and cos i liked the goodyears, i wanted to chuck the bridges ....until i saw the cost, so ive stuck with them and im pleasantly surprised with the level of grip.Only done 800 miles so i dont know how long theyll last.Mytyres.co.uk have some sort of review, and they agree with my views.As long as you go with a major brand bar pirelli/dunlop you should be ok.

You should take a look at a post that fjtwelve has done on his study of tyres from day to day. It's pretty good. I also have sport contact 2's, and have been really happy with them (although I don't have the quattro system :3sadwalk:). Alas, they don't make them anymore, and now I have two sport contact 3's on, and they seem ok too