Polyurethane Bushes

Austineer

King of cabs ;)
Reaction score
I am interested in replacing my suspension bushes for the ‘polyurethane’ type produced by Powerflex. Has anyone had any experience in doing this with their car? Was there any noticeable benefit in performance? Obviously the suppliers always praise up their own products and promise the world, but a realistic comment from someone that has had them fitted would be appreciated.

Before a proper opinion can be given, you'll have to give us some idea of which bushes you are speaking about?
Rear Beam?
Rear Arms (quattro)
Front bottom arms?
Front top mounts?

Rich will be here soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

the ones for the wishbones are rock hard, and you will get lots of crashing on potholes etc - it makes a major contribution to bad ride.

it does however make a major improvement in steering feel/turn in and enables you to place the car much more accurately.

i did it on my last car and wouldnt do it on my s3

i changed the engine mount and changed it back for a new audi oem one - it transmitted too much engine noise/vibration into the car.

i think they are great for a track car but not so hot for a road car - at least not on lancashire roads.

From what I was told the pakage included Front Lower Shock Absorber Mount, Front Tie Bar, Front Upper Arm.

You really didn't like the Dogbone set Dunk?? I found it a bit annoying at first, but it settled in and now I love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The engine doesn't move around as much, so it feels "crisper" somehow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anyway, just my 2 cents /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

i like the effect on engine stability - just dont like the noise/vibration transmission into the cabin, although the one i tried was on my volvo t5 and it was unbearable.

not tried the audi one on the back of the previous experience, although i had full front suspension kit on the volvo and it was damned impressive for turn-in and reduced understeer (although 300hp fwd was never going to be easy to mask the understeer)