Clunking noise coming from the rear end

jumpers

Reaction score
Hi

I have recently purchased my first Audi, A3 2.0 TDI Sport 2005, a few days ago I noticed a noise coming from the rear of the car its not constant but sounds like a clunking noise as if something is loose in the boot. I took everything out of the boot and made sure spare was secure but noise is still there and becoming very annoying. I notice it more at low speed and am inclined to say the noise is more like from the rear left of the car. Looking for some ideas of what this could be and how to sort it.

Thanks

i get the same noise from my 04 2.0tdi 140

sounds like a big loose bolt knocking as i drive at low speeds and gets even worse if the road is bumpy,

i have looked under the car checked the exhaust and it is OK, i have had the boot emptied out and still the same,

i have even had my girlfriend ride in the back to see if she can locate it but it seems to be under the floor someplace :blink:

i just turn my radio up now just so i cant hear it because it does ya head in lol :whistle2:

anyone else had this problem and located the knock?? :uhm:

Try the rear brake calipers...rattled like hell on mine....sorted under warranty. HTH
JohnyT

this is not a rattle its a knocking noise mate :superman:

but when i get my a3 back from its non starting problem ill have a look:salute: