UPRATED BRAKES

AUDI TURBO

Reaction score
Ive just had remap done so BIG increase in power and now im scared big style because brakes are bad!!!!!!!!!!!! Im gutted ive just put new brakes and uprated pads ALL round. but they just dont grip like it used to do obvious because of the power difference. So as we are aware 75% of braking is done at the front so i proberly leave rears for now just get pads. so how about drilled or groved disks maybe EBC then with matching red pads?? im looking around the £200.00 mark?

Heard good things about black diamond stuff, or you could do the 312mm brake upgrade for about that money.

i well recommend standard disks with goodridge braided hoses, and ferrado ds2500 pads fitted on the front.

my experience of EBC both on cars and bikes haven't been impressive.

i did wonder that about ebc stuff heard rumors about that before. what im after is when i put my foot on brakes want that real good solid gripping feel on wheels. real responsive and no brake fade. so if i kept orginal disks and put real good pads on would that do? and whats this conversion what would i need ive never done brake conversions?

ohhhhh i dont know what to do now. Do braided hoses make a big difference? and my parents got ebc red stuff on there car they said they mint....................but i dont know!!!!!!! £60.00 for front ebc pads which isnt bad. £40.00 for rear. And ferrado im unsure about its not the brand id normally be the best brake pads???????????????

Nitrac discs is what you want. Matched with Mintex M1144 (Police spec) pads.

Goodrich braided hoses will stop the spongeyness (sp?) under heavy braking and getting the brake fluid changed to Dot5.1 will stop it boiling and going spongey over a spirited drive...

Had this setup on my Astra and could outbreak a Seat Leon Cupra R with Brembo's!!!

8 groove nitrac front discs £150
Mintex pads £50

then wait a bit and get the hoses (£60ish) before getting the fluid changed.

Ferodo are one of the biggest brake manufacturers in the world, the DS2500's are probably the best pad on the market for use on Road cars.