Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

ALLROAD TYRES!! WHICH ONES!! IS IT SAFE TO USE NON ALLROAD TYRES.

I need to replace at least 2 tyres on my Audi Allroad, I have used the Goodyear F1 and are currently using the Pirelli Allroad tyres which I prefer.

Is it best to stick with either the Pirelli or Goodyear as they are designed for the Allroad ( so the tyres say ), or is it worth trying a different make like Michelin Primacy Etc Etc.

I was told to stick with the above two makes as they have stiffer side walls designed specifically for the Allroads.

They all have a rating of W which is way past the top speed of the car.

Has anyone tried other makes of tyres on there Allroads excluding the above two.

Any help appreciated.

A.

2. # ADS
    ADS

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    do you drive it offroad?

if not then any tyre will "work" but obviously some are better than others,

Goodyear Eagle F1's i find are pretty awesome tyres for road use (as long as its not snowing!) and i also rate Uniroyal Rainsport 1 as an awesome tyre, not quite as grippy as the Eagle in the dry, but better in the wet.

I wouldnt think a michelin premacy is even in the same league as an eagle F1. Ones a fast road tyre and the others designed for low wear and high mileage (and correspondingly no grip)

4th Gear

Status
    Be very careful about fitting different tyres. If the tyres designed for the allroad have stiffer sidewalls, it's for a reason.

Also, your insurance may not pay out in the event of a claim if there's any way they could prove that the tyres were a factor. You may even find that your insurance is invalidated by fitting the incorrect tyres!

Neutral

Status
    I suggest if you are replacing 2 tires you get the same type. Don't used 2 different brand of tires since they are build differently. Staying Goodyear F1 will be better.