DONT BUY KONI ! Before reading this!

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Purchased koni spring for my B6 A4 TDI ,got them fitted,car sits lower on drivers side than passenger side.

Took my car to 3 different garages to inspect,all 3 of them find that the rear spring on passenger side sits higher than all the other springs.
I had every nut and bolt,bushes shockers checked the verdict.........passenger side spring ! Rang koni (who have been making springs now for around 12 months) They dont want know,ive even talked to the so called director at koni-uk ....(The guys below) NOT INTERESTED! So before you buy think twice,no after sales and definatley no help,every call i make......he's in a meeting or gone home! I talked to the director (paul) who said ......Email some pics,which i did,who said ...il sort it out......Which he didnt! still same thing in a meeting or he's gone out! Not what i would of expected from KONI !!!!!
I even asked for 1 rear coil spring,which i would even get fitted myself....THEY'RE NOT INTERESTED......RIP ME OFF ONCE! AND THE LAST! I wont be using there product again......Would you ??????????

Performance Parts Direct (Parts Direct Ltd)
con_address.png
Unit 2, Hawley Trading Estate, Hawley Lane Farnborough Hampshire United Kingdom GU14 8EH

vw754 said:
who have been making springs now for around 12 months

Thats funny, I've had a set of Koni springs for well over 12 months (they were on the car even before I bought it... having passed through Autovogue in Stafford) and I'm pretty sure Koni have been making springs for a bit longer than that!?

i think you bin unlucky with a faulty batch, why dont you take them back from where you get them from i would get the store to replace your cost. you are entiled to it

I used to sell Koni stuff and we never had a problem getting them to send us another set or credit if we had a complaint.

had em fitted by a place in stoke,:sadlike: they said ive talked to koni and now they dont want sort it,koni may send a set if the place i had em done at t twist their arm (doubt they will) but koni wont pay labour,which they should! they want me pay.........why should i ??????? What can i do????

Koni told me they been making springs for just over 12 months (that was 2 months ago) i personaly dont care.........i just want sort this out.

TRADING STANDARDS ????????

Which way should i go ?

Cant find out why my car is raised 1 inch on rear passenger side,checked and double checked everything! ONLY THING ITS GOT BE IS THE COIL SPRING !

if you are 100% sure that YOUR car is not at fault then i would seek advice from trading standards

Sounds like you are not talking to KONI direct but the place you bought the kit from KONI have been in business for years and make very good stuff.
You can speak to the consumer adivce people get a reference number and then write to the company and start legal procedings that usually get them to speed up.

Koni have been making dampers for years but only recently begun mamking their own springs. Previously their kits had Vogtland springs in them amongst others and there are lots of cases incorrect ride heights and customers being unhappy with suspension kits, normally the springs are a fault.

Their dampers are pretty good and their warranty is good, (I have TA's on 2 of my golfs and one set were replaced no problem when the adjusters stuck). But I have had bad experiences myself with their springs so now use H and R springs ONLY on my cars!!

Koni have been making dampers for years but only recently begun mamking their own springs. Previously their kits had Vogtland springs in them amongst others and there are lots of cases incorrect ride heights and customers being unhappy with suspension kits, normally the springs are a fault.

Their dampers are pretty good and their warranty is good, (I have TA's on 2 of my golfs and one set were replaced no problem when the adjusters stuck). But I have had bad experiences myself with their springs so now use H and R springs ONLY on my cars!!
Finally! i got in touch with trading standards,then with p.s.i and now p.s.i are going to fit a new set on the 20th of may,il keep you guys posted.

koni have decided after inspection that my car dont sit rite at all and instead of fitting another set have given me an option to have eilbach springs !:)

choices were 45-50 drop front and 35-40 rear
30 front 30 rear.

Ive gone for 30mm front and 30mm rear so the car sits level (ish) instead of nose down like the koni's........koni's were 35-40 drop front and rear
how low will the car sit now roughly ? b6 tdi standard non-sport

Purchased koni spring for my B6 A4 TDI ,got them fitted,car sits lower on drivers side than passenger side.

Took my car to 3 different garages to inspect,all 3 of them find that the rear spring on passenger side sits higher than all the other springs.
I had every nut and bolt,bushes shockers checked the verdict.........passenger side spring ! Rang koni (who have been making springs now for around 12 months) They dont want know,ive even talked to the so called director at koni-uk ....(The guys below) NOT INTERESTED! So before you buy think twice,no after sales and definatley no help,every call i make......he's in a meeting or gone home! I talked to the director (paul) who said ......Email some pics,which i did,who said ...il sort it out......Which he didnt! still same thing in a meeting or he's gone out! Not what i would of expected from KONI !!!!!
I even asked for 1 rear coil spring,which i would even get fitted myself....THEY'RE NOT INTERESTED......RIP ME OFF ONCE! AND THE LAST! I wont be using there product again......Would you ??????????

Performance Parts Direct (Parts Direct Ltd)
con_address.png
Unit 2, Hawley Trading Estate, Hawley Lane Farnborough Hampshire United Kingdom GU14 8EH

Just for everyones future info Koni do not make springs they actually source from a spring manufacturer and brand as Koni.

Also if you spoke to a Paul (Director) then you were fobbed off there is no Director there called Paul. Koni never have paid labour and probably never will so it is usually down to the Garage in which you had them fitted to sort the problem for you. Glad to hear that the garage has sorted the problem for you and your not out of pocket:respekt:

koni do make springs since just under 2 years,as told by koni's tech guy who came to inspect my car but then hey!.....you must own koni!!!!!!!!!

Mmm
Sales manager for a number of years
Left to come and manage this place
I knew him before I worked here as the head Koni rep
Last year Awesome was the largest seller of Koni products too
Sarah

koni do make springs since just under 2 years,as told by koni's tech guy who came to inspect my car but then hey!.....you must own koni!!!!!!!!!

Who came to inspect your car ?? wish i did own koni lol I was the Field Sales Manager for Koni for some years and have actually been to the Factory in Holland 3 or 4 times on training courses and also to sample the nightlife and drinking culture there (wud b rude not 2) so trust me when i tell you they do not manufacture springs, every single part of a damper is made in house at Koni but the springs are sourced in from a German spring manufacturer.

do you know which spring manufacturer at all ?

Main thing is its getting sorted and at least i got give em that! thanks for your help anyway mark.

The cars had new top mounts and all rest has been checked out,gas shocks off a s-line 130 tdi are fitted to the front and there will be the rear shocks going on very shortly.

Ive heard eibach are an original equipment used on audi and my friends cars are using eibach without any issues,so fingers crossed all shoud go well!

I cant think of anything else that effects ride height...saying that the car was sitting ok on original springs without any ride height differences,problems started when new spring were installed to lower slighty so it didnt look like a 4x4 lol

LOL
I think most cars these days look like 4X4`s
My Fabia was like a Fabia on stilts until that was lowered by 40mm
Hope that it all goes well for you
When are you getting the Eibach`s fitted?
Defo woth getting it checked while it is in , but good result ;)
Sarah

How do you know it's the rear spring at fault and not the diagonal opposite corner with the second hand shocks at fault?

Reason I question that is because my rear right spring has snapped about 3/4 coil from the end, but that corner is only slightly lower, the front left corner is very up in the air though!

shocks come off a car with only 8k miles on.

That means nowt.