How low? A4 TDI

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Thinking of buying koni 35mm lowering springs for my 1.9 TDI (B6) 2002.
Someone mentioned that if you lower too much you can get the driveshaft foul with the anti-roll bar.
Awesome gti said we cant tell you at what height they will catch/foul and the same was said from a.b.p motorsport.

Do any of you guys know if i can put 35mm koni (springs only) on my standard (non sport tdi b6) without any problems ? and how low i can lower the car before any problems occur? dont want buy springs then have fitted onlyfind out they foul!

I think it's only the a3's and golfs that have problems with the driveshaft fouling. Should have no problem.

Thanks for that . ive just been informed that the koni springs are 40mm and not 35mm . Will i be ok on 40mm koni springs?im going to be using used shocks from a sport tdi model (car only done 8,500 miles) so as new!

Also any ideas on how many inches is 40mm and also my car is standard tdi,so will it sit lower than a sport tdi model,if i lower 40mm?

40mm is 1.57 inches.

I think the sport are about 30-35mm lower than stnadrd suspension

Simon

Randomjim said:
I think it's only the a3's and golfs that have problems with the driveshaft fouling. Should have no problem.
will there be any issues with me lowering my car with 40mm koni (springs only) on genuine 5 star alloys? i.e will they rub/catch or will it be ok?

17'' 5 star wheels 235/45/ 17's 7.5j x17''

A4 TDI (B6) STANDARD CAR.