A4 Avant rear ride height too low

tom fenton

Reaction score
Hi all

My 1998 A4 Avant Quattro (2.5 TDI) seems to ride very low at the back. It has always been like this since I bought it over 18 months ago and does not seem to have got any lower.

I use the car to tow a car transporter trailer with race car in roughly 10 times a year, and with the trailer on it sits extremely low.

The car is fitted with the "sports" suspension option according to the option codes.

What I was wondering is if there is anyone who could measure the ride height of their car so I can compare. I am considering replacing the rear springs and dampers with genuine Audi parts, but at over £400 for the parts I don't want to do this only to find the car sits at a similar ride height afterwards.

From the centre of the wheel centre cap to the top the the wheelarch radius is 13.5" on my car, unladen with 3/4 tank of fuel.

If anyone has an A4 avant and a tape measure handy I'd really appreciate hearing your measurements!

Many Thanks.

Well, I've got a 1997 A4 1.9 TDi Quattro Avant, and its the same at 13/5 inches. I've only had the car 1 week, so I can't tell you if it standard suspension or not.
:wacko: