Brake Upgrade

jonnydiesel

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I’m in the process of a brake upgrade on my A4 QSA TDI B6. I have the Mk5 R32 parts, same as B6 S4. I need some help with braded stainless brake lines. Anybody fitted this upgrade using braded lines? Where did you get them from?

I’ve just spoken to Goodridge technical who say they don’t list an S4 B6 kit.

Do I need the S4 or the A4 kit or a special?

Any ideas

Cheers

Jon

I'm really surprised Goodridge can't/won't help you? Are you sure you spoke to "technical" and not "tea-lady" ???

Afterall, whenever I've spoken to them at any of the motoring shows, they always state they can make specific one-offs.

You might need to carefully measure the lenght of the standard hoses, along with an equivalent S4 set. Failing that, just add, say 15mm to the lenght of the comparable A4 hoses - but Goodridge should definately be able to advise.

An alternative might be BSR, who make custom motorbike braids, with all the different clear coatings too.

Oh, BTW, can I ask where you got the .:R32 anchors from, as I'm tempted to put them on the GTI.

Thanks for the replies, Very helpfull.

Teutonic_Tamer said:
I'm really surprised Goodridge can't/won't help you? Are you sure you spoke to "technical" and not "tea-lady" ???

Probably was the tea lady.

They were very helpfull. They will make anything I want. I only have to tell them exactly what to make i.e. length of hose which ends etc. Looking in the Goodridge catalogue I assume I need two straight female concave seat M10x1 ends and, as you say, add 15mm to the standard length.

I'll give BSR and Oakbray a call.

Teutonic_Tamer said:
Oh, BTW, can I ask where you got the .:R32 anchors from, as I'm tempted to put them on the GTI.

2nd hand from a guy on UK-MKIVS.Net. Covered 3000miles, £330. Just had the discs skimmed by a friend. Will be fitting them soon. I'll post some pics when fitted.

Cheers

Jon

OK I’ve spoken to BSR, Oakbray and Goodridge. All very helpful. They all said they have nothing on the shelf, but would make a special. To guarantee that the special fits they need a pattern to copy.

So I need a standard B6 S4 front brake line probably from a scrappy to send them as my pattern.

As for prices BSR will charge approximately £16 per line which seams very reasonable.

If they're the same as for an S4 Avant, then I'd have a set too! Was looking at Goodrich hoses yesterday, and was quoted circa £90 for the set, but he hadn't gone off to check to see if they were available...