Springs or coilovers?

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
Which are best to get, i dont have a big budget, i have found fk coilovers for about 450. springs about 150. What makes etc have you guys/gals got fitted to yours? I am running 19's on my a4 (b5), rear sits ok, but front is too high. What drops can you get, or what are advised?

Personally I think coil overs are too over the top for road use. If your doing track days often then coil overs are not a bad idea.

One of the best set ups you can get for fast road use, is Bilstien Dampers and Eibach Springs, this set up offers a good balance between excellent handling and steering responce without being too harsh.

Cost wise, you would be looking in the region of £450-£500 for the dampers depending on where you get them from and about £140 for the springs.

This would normally see about a 25mm drop. I have used this set up on my last few cars and my A3 will be done like this at some point this year.

Hope this helps.

Gotta be coilovers i was on standard shocks and springs and it was rubbish. Ride was really bouncy and it still cornered like a boat. Now it's firm but still comfortable and out handles pretty much anything i've come across so far.

I have KW V3's (Three way adjustable coilovers) on 18's.
It is like a go cart! still playing with some of the settings to get the understeer/oversteer balance and rebound right. not cheap, they are stainless, bullet proof and done in combination with full poly bushing front and back

hello dude,
dont wait your money on springs alone, either get a spring shock set or better yet a coil over kit (adjustable) get a good brand tho,

your standard shocks arent designed to be used at a lowered level, they'll knacker out qiuckly unless you've got s4 shocks,

trust me you'll be paying out twice on a lowering kit,

coilovers, got H&R + B8 dampers on mine and its not as good as FK coilovers on my other car. Matched spring and damper everytime.

The KW's sound great, thinking about getting variant 1 as not sure I want to fiddle too much.