bigger brakes

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
Hi all,
Audi a4 1999 facelift 1.8TQ. I am looking for bigger brakes, but honestly don't know where to start apart from the kits you buy. I know standard discs are 288mm, do i need calipers, or just carriers etc.
Thanks

Does anyone know if i can get away with caliper carriers from a cupra r(the brembo's) or does it have to have the whole conversion with calipers etc?

on my 1998 a4 1.8T, so may apply to yours,i think you can get some seat caliper carriers off a 312mm brake setup, vagparts sell these, use existing calipers on your car, and then i think something like a b6 a4 3.2 quattro 312mm front disk, search in the forum search though as i am trawling this from my not so good memory. suggest the you mix with a ferrodo ds2500 pad, they should be pretty awesome then, don't bother with flashy discs, just use standard non grooved ones.

not sure if brembo calipers can be easily made to fit, maybe some one can help?

I'm fitting Cupra R monoblock brembos to my B5 A4, I'll keep you posted

if you could that'd be great, I have a mate who works in seat garage as partsman, so my plan is to get some calipers etc, and brembo grooved discs, run with greenstuff pads etc

I've got the calipers jut need to find a pair of carriers for them, think they might need to be custom parts I have priced this upand can get them made for no more than £300 for the pair.

the calipers are the ones from a fiat coupe but they are the same model I think on the cupra R