EM TuningAH Fabrications

Thread: bigger brakes

4th Gear

Status

Smile bigger brakes

Hi all,
    Audi a4 1999 facelift 1.8TQ. I am looking for bigger brakes, but honestly don't know where to start apart from the kits you buy. I know standard discs are 288mm, do i need calipers, or just carriers etc.
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Does anyone know if i can get away with caliper carriers from a cupra r(the brembo's) or does it have to have the whole conversion with calipers etc?

3rd Gear

Status
    on my 1998 a4 1.8T, so may apply to yours,i think you can get some seat caliper carriers off a 312mm brake setup, vagparts sell these, use existing calipers on your car, and then i think something like a b6 a4 3.2 quattro 312mm front disk, search in the forum search though as i am trawling this from my not so good memory. suggest the you mix with a ferrodo ds2500 pad, they should be pretty awesome then, don't bother with flashy discs, just use standard non grooved ones.

not sure if brembo calipers can be easily made to fit, maybe some one can help?
    1998 A4 1.8T Sport - For Saturdays
    2003 VW Golf MKIV R32 - For Sundays
    2000 Peugeot 406 HDi - For when it's raining
    1996 Kawasaki ZX7R - For when I'm late for work!

Mods- Forge Dump Valve, The Engine Shop Power Plus based Engine (Low Comp. Forged pistons, Arrow H-Section Rods, Newman fast road cams, polished & ported head), 19" wheels, B&M Short Shifter, Greddy Turbo Timer, RS4 Grill, Weitec GTN coilovers, HKS modified air filter, Autobahn88 FMIC, ChippedUK custom map. Some Turbo mods ongoing.

Aye you know it makes sense

Status
    I'm fitting Cupra R monoblock brembos to my B5 A4, I'll keep you posted

4th Gear

Status
    if you could that'd be great, I have a mate who works in seat garage as partsman, so my plan is to get some calipers etc, and brembo grooved discs, run with greenstuff pads etc

Aye you know it makes sense

Status
    I've got the calipers jut need to find a pair of carriers for them, think they might need to be custom parts I have priced this upand can get them made for no more than 300 for the pair.

the calipers are the ones from a fiat coupe but they are the same model I think on the cupra R