Steel rings exposed - nice

MushroomMan

Sucemabite
Reaction score
I had new tyres sorted yesterday. 4 Pilot Michelins. When they took the old Pilots off every single one had its steel rings exposed on the inner rim. I hadn't noticed as you tend to look on the outside when checking tyres and the inner rims looked like someone had taken a knife and sliced off the angle. The tracking was clearly fecked.

Anyway, I always think it's good to get the maximum wear out of something!

Not neceraily so this can frequently be caused but the negative camber set up of the car, especially on the front tyres and if you load the boot this will increase the camber angle of the rear ones. However it is worth having the tracking checked, but go to one that dose four wheel alignment, usually laser tracking, it is worth the extra.

wouldn't have bought michelin pilot sports...they ain't very good!!! (i have a set at the mo and they're awful - give me back my uniroyals!!)

Didn't have much choice - it being a company leased car an' all. But they don't come cheap them Pilots and certainly more comforting than riding around on steel rims in this weather!