Upper Control Arm

DAMO1.9TDI

130BHP+,A4+ K & N Filter, Tuning Box.
Reaction score
Hi There

I was trying to change the two upper control arms on both sides on my 2002 Audi a4 1.9Tdi, The problem i am having is that I cannot release the bolt the is holding the two ball joints in place. The nut came off but I cannot release the bolt. I tried raising the suspension using a trolley jack at the base of track control arm and tried freeing the bolt at different position while raising it but still would not free.
What am i doing wrong?

Regards
Damien
:hubbahubba:

hello mate
i had the same problem on mine, the nut came off but the bolt wouldnt slide out, basically with allot of banging with a thin rod WD40 and my dad turning the bolt with a spanner at the same time the bolt came out, i noticed that it was bent due to the way the the bolt holds the ball joints, very stranger design, had to buy new bolts though!!!

A simpler and less painful way would be to buy yourself a 'ball joint splitter'.

tried that, but the bolt in question runs through a notch on the ball joint end, hence you have to remove the bold inorder to get the ball joints out....right pain,