JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    Loving the A4

Status

Adjusting H&R coilovers

Is it a garage job or could i do it my self i need to make the car a bit higher. its rubbing on the front arches cheers,

or has any one had the front arches rolled i looked under there and the only problem i can see is the wheel liner

2. # ADS
    ADS

Administrator

Status
    not a garage job as such, if your altering height then the wheels need to come off. Then, using the "C" spanners you can wind them up/down accordingly.

Some people measure the bottom of the thread of the damper to where the the ring is as a method to get all corners the same height.

Loving the A4

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly_K
    not a garage job as such, if your altering height then the wheels need to come off. Then, using the "C" spanners you can wind them up/down accordingly.

Some people measure the bottom of the thread of the damper to where the the ring is as a method to get all corners the same height.
    do all 4 corners have to be the same height as it looks like the back of my car sits lower then my front.

What i mean is can i just adjust the front a bit like 10mm and leave the back or will this cause un even tyre ware

Administrator

Status
    no, you'll be OK, its quite common (I have done too) for people to lower the fronts a bit more than the back.

It wont cause uneven tyre wear. If your seeing that, get some tracking and 4 wheel alignment done to see if thats out at all

Loving the A4

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly_K
    no, you'll be OK, its quite common (I have done too) for people to lower the fronts a bit more than the back.

It wont cause uneven tyre wear. If your seeing that, get some tracking and 4 wheel alignment done to see if thats out at all
    nice one thanks alot mate been a great help