Rs2 brakes

Glenn A4

Loving the A4
Reaction score
Can the disks off of a rs2 be fitted to my 97 Audi A4 1.8T sport. do i need to change the calipers and carriers as well cheers

no. RS2 had Porsche hubs as they came with Porsche wheel with 5x130 pcd as standard.
There is a tech forum on this on audiworld, uses standard audi hub with A8 disc I think and the RS2 brakes.

Word of warning. The calipers from Porsche up to the end of the 993 run of 911 are not monoblock calipers. There is a design flaw in the section between the pad and the piston, they trap dirt and water, corrode and the steel plate swells with rust trapping the pad and binding.
Fine if you service them regurlarly, expensive and time consuming if you do.

the 996 911 variants are monobloc (one peice) still have four pistons and do not suffer from this problem.

check out the variants on eBay, they are not that expensive anymore, especially since everyone is going sixpot from the 996 turbo and GT3

jcb said:
no. RS2 had Porsche hubs as they came with Porsche wheel with 5x130 pcd as standard.
There is a tech forum on this on audiworld, uses standard audi hub with A8 disc I think and the RS2 brakes.

Word of warning. The calipers from Porsche up to the end of the 993 run of 911 are not monoblock calipers. There is a design flaw in the section between the pad and the piston, they trap dirt and water, corrode and the steel plate swells with rust trapping the pad and binding.
Fine if you service them regurlarly, expensive and time consuming if you do.

the 996 911 variants are monobloc (one peice) still have four pistons and do not suffer from this problem.

check out the variants on eBay, they are not that expensive anymore, especially since everyone is going sixpot from the 996 turbo and GT3

if i am going to go bigger in brakes then what would be the best upgrade are the A8 disks bigger then the a4's? i take it if they are i would need to go for the A8 calipers and carriers...

think you just need the carriers if you want to use the A4 calipers with A8 discs.
A8 discs are 312 IIRC
your A4 will be 270 ish or around that.

lots of options, check out audiworld as they have lots of good technical pages.

I am going with 335-345Merc discs (same PCD as audi 5x112)
Porsche monobloc 996 calipers, porsche pads and making up a adapter bracket.