New shocks for A6 2.5TDI quattro avant

fjtwelve

Reaction score
The surfing effect around the corners and the 136000 miles on the clock are telling me my shocks are overdue for replacement. What is the best one to go for?

I am so overwhelmed with responses to this so thought I'd have another go. Jim at Star Performance says Bilstein. Any other offers?

When I replaced mine several years ago I went with Audi OEM as there wasn't much choice - handling was night & day.

OK, choices appear to be Bilstein about £450, Audi OE at £620; and Koni FSD £750 all fitted prices. The Audi price is 40% labour, the shocks are about £85 each. Question is are the Konis really worth the extra money ? All opinions welcome.:think:

hi
i have a A6 2.5 tdi Quattro 180 sport 2000 w
i have already tried some kyb shocks and they turned my car into a boat.
so tomorrow i am going to fit some koni FSD's i wil let you know how i get on.
cheers Rod
ps i could fit a set of shocks for £100

Audi Glasgow £660 (keen to haggle)
Audi Carlisle £616 (cheaper labour rate)
Star £750 for FSDs incl 4wheel alignment
I have just found the FSDs for £445 on motorsportworld. co.uk
Decisions decisions

I have booked in at Awesome GTI on 190307 to get the Konis fitted for £567. However they had made a £85 mistake on the quote i was sent, but despite me offering to pay the correct figure they have held the lower price. Need i say more....
Consequently for the difference i can now run the car on their rolling road and get another figure to send to Turbochip. :)

Well after 10 years of running diesels i finally put 20 litres of BP's finest unleaded in my tank on Monday morning whilst on the way to Awesome. The tank unusually was not completely empty and the fact that the fuel was 99p a litre stopped me from filling up. I drove from Carlisle to Bolton before the car stopped after the emu warning light coming on and off a couple of times. Awesome agreed to take me in so after a hour freezing my nuts off in the snow stuck on the slip road at M61 J6 i was trucked around there by the AA. After a couple of hours the boys had tracked down my problem and carried on sorting it out on Tuesday while i was on a training course. Cut a long story short they fixed everything, apparently no permanent damage done, a bad connection on the tank fuel pump was fixed, the fuel pump timing was corrected, they worked late to fit the shocks so i didn't have to hire a car to get back up North. The car now runs better than it did before. I cannot say how pleased i am with the service from Awesome.
The shocks? oh yeah,nearly forgot, they have restored the ride quality to the original A6 quality. Motorway driving is smooth, cross country positive precise, bumps smoothed out no more clonks.
Still can't believe i did it, anyone want to explain how i managed 100 miles before it stopped? What a dickhead:keule:

Very pleased with the ride quality now. Definitely recommend them as an alternative to the OE gear when the originals wear out.

4.5 years and 100,000 miles later i think i need to replace them again, unless someone knows if you can rebuild them?

4.5 years and 100,000 miles later i think i need to replace them again, unless someone knows if you can rebuild them?
Passed the MOT without major issues but i also noticed the soft ride from the rear, i will get new OEM shocks and fit Eibach springs- got them already...