18 or 19" Wheels b5 a4

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
Hi all, looking into some new wheels to replace my standard 17's. I am looking to buy on thursday (bless credit cards :). How is the ride affected with 19's. Will they fit on a 1999 1.8T quattro. Looking at the rear suspension, there is some sort of bar which only just clears the standard wheels. All help will be appreciated to any advice on whether to go for the 18 or 19" wheels. Thanks guys and gals.

well i went for 20's but i wanted the show look on my a6 (basicially the same chassis) depends on what look/ride you want but honestly there's a huge amount of difference between 19's n 18's, i found that genuine wheels whatever manufacturer are stronger than replicas.

Currently running on 18" RS4 reps as my 19" Sportec Mono's are been treated to a refurb!
But to be honest the car rides and feels loads better on the 18s!
Now i'm stuck with the dilemma of which wheels to use!
Depends on what you're after looks or handling?

I didn't notice any difference to the handling when i went from 18's to 19's.The only difference i did notice is the 19's look sooo much better.:hubbahubba:

I've just bought Raymies A4 with 19's on!! looks good but pricey rubber, go for the 19's:arco:

19's 4 cheap lol, try 20's at £120 each lol. Yeah on an a4 i'd say 19's!