Which Brakes to upgrade an S3?

dbm

Reaction score
Hi,
along with a few other mods I'm looking at upgrading the brakes on my S3 with standard Avus alloys. I don't particularly want anything which looks flash, it's just the performance aspects that interest me.

I've talked to two different tuning companies and they've suggested two different approaches. One is to put Porsche brakes on the front of the car and leave the rears standard. The second is to have Pagit pads front and rear, with Pagit discs on the front. In both cases I've been recommended to upgrade the hoses.

Has anyone got any of these brakes systems on an S3? How do you like them? Are there any better solutions in your opinion?

Cheers,
Dan

i have the pagid pads and disks front and std disk rear with the pagid pads so far im very happy with them they do feel better than std and do stop well.

the porsche system would be brill but i couldnt strech that far there is also a brembo kit about for about 750 inc vat think it then gives you a system like the seat leaon cupra r

Cheers mate.

Do you have the Optimax program for your car? Have you been able to verify the bhp and torque figures? Which exhaust do you have?

Ta,
Dan

Does the car run smoothly with the chip but no sports exhaust? I only ask because I've read articles which say the car won't run smoothly unless you upgrade both items.

Dan