2.8Q suspension/rubber/rim upgrades....

cstm28Q

Reaction score
hey guys and girls... just need some info if at all possible on suspension/rubber/rim size upgrades for my 2.8Q

here is a little info about my ride.. and plans...

currently riding on stock...

i'm not looking for "superb" handling right now... just want to drop it... i'm thinking of the neuspeed springs...droping it aprox. 2inches all the way around...

info/comments/experience with these lowering springs or any others would be greatly accepted...

as for rims... i'm thinking of 20's... but not i'm not sure cuz i had the wheels off today checking to see if my buddy's 17's would fit.. 17's safely fit.. 18's would most likely fit without a problem... but i'm looking to get 20's as i said and i'm not sure they would fit...cuz some of the suspension/steering components look like they would be in the way... so any info on that would be helpfull as well...

also any info on either shocks/ coilover kits would be helpful as well...
i'm probably gunna upgrade shocks and springs first.. see how that goes.. then possibly coilovers

thanx all for now... can't wait to see what ya'll have to say... later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

20's would require tyres with a 25 profile. I thought the lowest was 30. 18's fit no problem on 225/40's & 19's possibly on 245/30's. For 20's to fit you'd need a bizarre tyre size like 205/30. Bear in mind the overall diameter of wheel & tyre is less than 25 inches.

true.... i'm understanding all of it... and due to this being my daily driver i'm trying to amass as much of everyone elses knowledge and experience, and researching of my own so i can find/choose the best choice for me... i just want my baby to look good.. is it too much to ask...

oh and the comment on the parts of the audi scraping against the ground causin damage and being expensive to fix... their expensive to fix anyway... might as well make it look good for when it goes to the shop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif