Yokohama Parada Spec-2, or Yokohama AVS Sport

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
Having trouble deciphering which tyres are the higher performance...Anyone any idea?

Yokohama Parada Spec-2, or Yokohama AVS Sport

Rich

Just got quoted £235 fitted for 2 parada spec-2's and £270 for the AVS Sport.... Think i'll go for the Paradas...They are supposed to be VERY sticky, which will be nice. The Toyo's are good, but anything gripper will be great.

Rich

I have a set of the Paradas sat next to me (on very nice BBS CHs). They feel sticky to touch, so I imagine tey'll be great on the road. I'm not expecting a long life out of them though. I'll let you know how they are once I've done a few miles.

FYI

The Paradas look like the should be directional, but they appear not to be. Not sure how it's going to look when they're on. (waiting for the new brakes before I put it all together, hint hint /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

mate had them on his prelude, very sticky, only lasted 6k though.

Cool... Well will go for them then...My toyos are shot!

[ QUOTE ]
(waiting for the new brakes before I put it all together, hint hint /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thursday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(waiting for the new brakes before I put it all together, hint hint /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eshellente!

As per your other question, Parada Spec-2's look a little like this (for now):

wheels.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eshellente!

As per your other question, Parada Spec-2's look a little like this (for now):

wheels.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only the same wheels as me but the same tyres to. Where did you get them from in the end mate?

I'd definately recommend the Parada's Rich ive found them to be awesome in the dry and they still perform well in the wet.

[ QUOTE ]
Took your advice and called Richard at Demon Tweeks. Good price and they had them in stock. They look sticky!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you manage to get them for the same £1350 I did mate?

[ QUOTE ]
FYI

The Paradas look like the should be directional, but they appear not to be. Not sure how it's going to look when they're on. (waiting for the new brakes before I put it all together, hint hint /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

The Parada's are Assimetric tyres not directional, these means that the same part of the tyre is the outer edge whichever side of the car they are fitted to.

What brakes have you gone for?

ECS Stage 3 fronts and 1R rears. Rich sent up the fronts last week, but I'm waiting on the rears to arrive before I put it all together. Are you running spacers with your wheels? Just wondering what the clearance would be like on an 8.5" et30. (better go fit them and see...)

No spacers mate.

Those brakes will look awesome behind them wheels mate. I think I might have to get some myself.

Just noticed on your pic mate you can see the porsche calipers in the background. Look forward to seeing some pics when they are all fitted.

I'm looking forward to it myself, I've got a few other things getting added at the same time, as well as a play around with the alignment to find a good set-up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

new-kit.jpg

Christ mate you must be made of money! Thats a few quids worth. Have you gone for front and rear ARB's and adjustable rear arms?
I look forward to hearing what difference this all makes to your car.

I haven't taken a break from work since Nov '04, so I guess I'm blowing off a little steam - just in time for a little driving break at the end of the month...

I've done a fair bit to the car already - coilovers, spacers, rear arms, Haldex PP, front ARB, powerflex bushes, etc. so it handles pretty good already. Should be interesting to see what happens with the lighter wheels and rear ARB. I'll get some photos up once it's done.

Well thats a rather expensive room! lol!

I'll look forward to seeing it all fitted. I just love buying loads of stuff at the same time and fitting it...Its like years of christmas' rolled into one!!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
I just love buying loads of stuff at the same time and fitting it...Its like years of christmas' rolled into one!!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh! FInally, somebody understands me!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

So Rich are you gonna go for some Parada's?

What sort of times did you manage on Sunday and is thta the reason your lookin for new tyres?

[ QUOTE ]
So Rich are you gonna go for some Parada's?

What sort of times did you manage on Sunday and is thta the reason your lookin for new tyres?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep will go for these next for sure!

i did a 14.2 @ 103 on sunday, but only reason being that i need new tyres anyway! My toyos on the back will have to go up front and the paradas on the back for the time being so wont get the full effect until i wear down the toyos which will be a while!

Rich

That /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif head wind was a pain in the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif!

You should be able to get 13's easy then on a day with better weather.

[ QUOTE ]
That /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif head wind was a pain in the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif!

You should be able to get 13's easy then on a day with better weather.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah its easily in reach i think. Plus my launches were attrocious!! 2.5s 0-60ft were w*nk!

Yeah thats not the best you should be able to get a 2.0 or 2.1 which would put you into 13's even with those massive head winds

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah thats not the best you should be able to get a 2.0 or 2.1 which would put you into 13's even with those massive head winds

[/ QUOTE ]

Santa pod is crap for starts too... Its so greasy! They need to resurface it as there is so much rubber on it.

Rich

My mate was consistantly managing 2.0 60ft times at pod last year in his A3 Turbo FWD.

Its easier with less power! I managed a 2.2 with my A3 @ 190bhp... Its much harder to get it just right with 320bhp. The racelogic takes care of it, but if you give it too much power, it misfires really abruptly...I need to play with the settings a bit i think.

Was practicing some launches on way home @ traffic lights...Managed some crackers! lol. Toyos are shot..properly!! can barely get traction in 2nd gear now! Think i might get the paradas on Saturday.

Rich

My mate was running aprrox 240bhp when he was gettin 2.0's, I think its all about practising and figuring out what works best for your car

Yep... and i generally dont bother with first gear - 2nd is where the funs at! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Getting them fitted tomorrow! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm waiting till I get the new alarm and tracker fitted before I put my new tyres on (not till the 21st now - bl**dy alarm fitter's gone on holiday). You'll have to let us know what you think of them once they're on.

Picked up the rear discs from the delivery company today - cheers for that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cool. Was going to email you to check you received them OK!

Had the paradas fitted this morning... Look cool! Wont actually be able to tell what they are like for about 9 months while i wear down the Toyo's that are now on the front (were on rear).

Love how they look though. They appear to be wider than the Toyos - They are less stretched over the wheels.

Rich

Well, we had a nice day here yesterday and my patience got the better of me. I chucked on the new wheels and tyres and boy what a difference.

The tyres I had on before were Potenza S03's. I've had them since I bought the car (not the same ones), so I haven't got a lot to compare with, however the Yoko's are in a different league. Turn-in bite is exceptional, almost scary, and the tyres seem to hold a lot more speed through the corners. Where the S03's would be giving way to understeer and scruffing off speed through the corner, the Paradas just dig in an maintain a more constant velocity.

We had a load of rain here last night too (probably because I washed the car yesterday) so I did a little wet weather test too. The Parada's grip in the wet is really good. Considering the tread pattern, I wasn't expecting that much, but throwing it into a few round-abouts, I have to say that the grip is better than the S03's in all conditions so far. Just need a little snow to complete the testing...

Keep your Toyo's on the rear and get the Yoko's up front Rich! You might even be able to use first gear again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well, we had a nice day here yesterday and my patience got the better of me. I chucked on the new wheels and tyres and boy what a difference.

The tyres I had on before were Potenza S03's. I've had them since I bought the car (not the same ones), so I haven't got a lot to compare with, however the Yoko's are in a different league. Turn-in bite is exceptional, almost scary, and the tyres seem to hold a lot more speed through the corners. Where the S03's would be giving way to understeer and scruffing off speed through the corner, the Paradas just dig in an maintain a more constant velocity.

We had a load of rain here last night too (probably because I washed the car yesterday) so I did a little wet weather test too. The Parada's grip in the wet is really good. Considering the tread pattern, I wasn't expecting that much, but throwing it into a few round-abouts, I have to say that the grip is better than the S03's in all conditions so far. Just need a little snow to complete the testing...

Keep your Toyo's on the rear and get the Yoko's up front Rich! You might even be able to use first gear again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Tempting to just ditch the toyos for the paradas. lol. I'll just have to wear them down really quickly!

RIch