A3 1.8T-H&R or Eibach??

keendean

Reaction score
H&R or Eibach? I've used Eibach before but it did not lower the car much, I've never used H&R but have heard good things about them.
Will I loose all ride quality with just changing the springs and not the shocks?

I've got Eibach, they're not much lower than standard though as the 1.8T Sport is already lower than A3's without sports suspension - I think their claims of -30mm is in comparison to non-sports suspension. The ride isn't too much worse than standard.

If you keep the standard shocks it will be a bit bouncy - I've got Bilstein B4's and the car's very slightly underdamped with these, and they're supposed to be uprated over OEM.

I don't think you will go far wrong with either to be honest with you mate. I have heard though that H&R are not as hard as Eibach mind you.

I had eibach springs on my Mk4 golf and they were comfortable, definately not harsh!

I was thinking the about the H&R springs are 35mm drop, so I was thinking if the Eibachs don't lower it at all, these may be a better bet.

My Prokit springs only dropped my SE spec A4 to about Sport level, even though it said up to 40 mm.

However, i actually dont mind it, the car is perfectly drivable over speed bumps/kerbs etc, I would like uprated sway bars to go with it

The most common setup seems to either be Eibach sprintline (?) or h&R springs, and Bilstien shock, supposed to be a good compromise

Whoever has H&R's will recommend H&R's. Whoever has Eibach's will recommend Eibach's.

Guess what... I recommend Eibach!

they r pretty much the same just different colour at -30mm , have used them both on different cars. the ride on both are superb but lowering sucks the big jonthomas

ive had Eibach's on a crx and the ride was spot on im in the same boat with the S but think i`ll stick to Eibach's

[ QUOTE ]
Whoever has H&R's will recommend H&R's. Whoever has Eibach's will recommend Eibach's.

Guess what... I recommend Eibach!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite true!! I had both on my Mk4 with Koni TA's and found the H and R's are far superior or road use,more progressive and not as harsh by any means. I was dissapointed tbh wiht he eibachs, felt as harsh as my mk2 does!

but I agree with the amounts they purport to lower the car, they rarely come down much more than an inch. BUt again, for road use, its better to have more compression movement of thedamper, for a ncier and more controlled ride. So although the look may be dissapointing, you really cannot fault whow they make the car handle.
I woudl also uprate the arbs atthe same time, if not BEFORE the springs and dampers on a MK4 or A3. Go for a massive fat one on the back too!! (Neuspeed 28miller looks like a towbar under the back, but it really really works wonders!) ahndermn