Alloy wheels question

johndow

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the correct forum, but i wanted to ask some opinions on replica alloys.

I want to know is there anyone here who could vouch for the quality of their wheels, as i am considering upgrading.

Cheers

JD

I'm on my third set of Replica wheels on my Passat, had RS4s, then RS6s, and now back to RS4s all in 18". Not had any problems with all three sets with quality and paint finish. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers jojo,

Just the sort of recomendations i was looking for.

Have seen some cheaper brands which don't stand the test of time, flaky paint etc. Don't want to fork out £500+ just to have them re-coated in a years time.

JD

jojo,

Is there any particular place which you have always sourced your wheels from, or does it vary?

Oh and are your replica's dished?

Reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of getting some new wheels soon too.

AL

I have had two sets of RS4's on 18's. No problem with finish or durability on both sets. Got them from Rochford Tyres, mail order. Arrived quickly, well packed, balanced and ready to fit. Keen prices and helpful folk who are keen to get your order away and delivered, as well as take your cash.

Highly recommended, and will be getting another set from them later in 2006.

Rick

I think leigh tyres do some good reps but you've got to ask for the dished ones.
Was thinking about reps but have gone for some bbs in the end.

Looked into ch's but there actually 2kg per alloy heavier than rc's.Markb has some and they look good though and here is a picture of his excellent photoshop of rc's on a yellow s3.
url]

[ QUOTE ]
jojo,

Is there any particular place which you have always sourced your wheels from, or does it vary?

Oh and are your replica's dished?

Reason I'm asking is I'm thinking of getting some new wheels soon too.

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always got my alloys from my local alloy shop - Wheelmania, from my research, the dished versions are replicas of the RSTT(groove that goes around the spokes) and the flat versions are RS4 replicas(groove goes round the outer edge of the spokes) which are the ones I've had twice.

I went into wheel mania the other day,too bling bling for me!!