Badger5Sky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Pirelli p Zero Rosso

Has anyone any experience with these tyres? I have michelin primacy at the moment and hate them.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: Pirelli p Zero Rosso

Can you get the Michelin Pilot Sport for your wheel size? I had the P-Zero Rossos on my RS4 and changed them for Pilot Sports - there was a massive improvement. The forums at the time (RS4.org) also rated the Pilots over the Rossos with only the AVS coming out better (albeit with a much higher wear rate on the AVS).
    I run Pilot Sports on the S8 and they are superb in both the wet and dry.

Cheers
    Jon

5th Gear

Status

Hey Mutley, how are the Pilots wearing? I've got Conti Sport Contact 2's on my A3 and since the end of March (about 12k miles) I've already had to put the fronts to the back cause they were wearing down [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

Thanks Mutley,
    I'll have a look at the Pilot Sport. I don't like the primacy so want a better tyre. I'll also check out the other pirellis in case the sport isn't available

1st Gear

Status

Decided to go for goodyear F1 so will let you know what I think.

Neutral

Status

i liked the f1's..

previously LeeS3

Status

Goodyear f1s

Probably over rubber and over grip, but if there's no wheel spin - the tyre should last longer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

got F1 yesterday - still taking it easy but so far impressed. Seem grippier and much sharper turn in. Will add more as I wear them in.

3rd Gear

Status

Mutley, can you tell me more about this heat cycling thing?

Sounds interesting!

6th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    GARTHY said:
    Decided to go for goodyear F1 so will let you know what I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, I've just had a pair put on the rear, and I have to say they do feel a lot more grippy thn the toyos so far. Managed to find Wheelgame with a set of 225/45 @ 205 inc vat and fit.

They seem to be a better fit to the alloy as well (only have standard avus). The footprint looks very good as well.

Reverse Gear

Status

a mate of mine put them on his R32 i think, they seem nice

1st Gear

Status
    By The Hole in the Wall, Kent, U. K. (The 1st Hole in the Wall not the International one!)

JesterS3,
    It is always better to put the newer and better gripping tyres to the front! Reason: -
    1) Better steering response.
    2) It is far easier to control the rear of the car IF it should break away! (you're not a hooligan......are you?)
    3) The car is better balanced as the front wheels tend to do most of the work.

1st Gear

Status

Lyrac
    Why do all the manufacturers say it is best to put new tyres on the back? Not disputing you but just curious.

1st Gear

Status
    By The Hole in the Wall, Kent, U. K. (The 1st Hole in the Wall not the International one!)

[ QUOTE ]
    GARTHY said:
    Lyrac
    Why do all the manufacturers say it is best to put new tyres on the back? Not disputing you but just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I believe that this was in the dark olden days [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img] when all cars were RWD [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img] and now that the front tyres have so much work to do it makes sense to keep the steering stable. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img] WHY, [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] and unless you are used to LIFT OFF OVERSTEER [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img] you could easily be kissing the kerb with those nice new wheels and tyres. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif[/img]
    Even QUATTRO systems [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] require more to the front with grip for cornering and now because of this you don't arf get a punch in the arse when you nail it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif[/img]
    What happens is that the car goes into a corner all nice and stable [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img] using mainly all wheels driving, then you turn in and start to add power it goes to front wheel drive pulling you in tight and controlled, [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and then it goes to rear wheel drive to push [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]you straight again and then its back to all wheels driving and away you go. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] All of that done within milliseconds of each other, DAMN CLEVER EH!
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sorry if i bore you [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif[/img] all but............

Reverse Gear

Status

pilot sport for daily use
    potenza s03 pp for track use

1st Gear

Status

No problem Drill. Done about 1500 miles so far and looking good. Will let you know how they go on.

5th Gear

Status

Thanks Dude. I'll be looking to buy a set this winter when they're cheaper [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] So any input you have will be helpful [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

F1s holding up very well and exceptional in the wet. They seem to wear quite well also.

Neutral

Status

Hi Garthy

I loved my set, in fact set 2nd fastest with them in the wet, now I have S03's for daily driving and sometimes use the toyo r888's on the way back from the circuit to clean off the dags...(these are magic but wear quickly).
    F1's are good in the dry as well but like all road tyres go away when they get too hot.

5th Gear

Status

Thanks for the update Garthy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]