A4 rear axle bushes.

a4avant

Reaction score
Has anyone changed the rear axle bushes on their A4 ? Any hints/tips or special tools required?
Thanks, Paul T.

Ok, i changed my bushes, although mine really didnt want to come out at all,lol, @£25 each it was well worth it, the difference is outstandidng.So much tighter and more precise.

Tokk me an hour and a half to get the one done and half hour to do the other one from start to finish, the bloomin things are a soft alloy and fret in place.

Tip for anyone doing this, make sure the bushes go in with the right orientation, the small cutout towards the antirollbar.

HTH

Was considering Powerflex bushes on mine as seem to be getting a couple of clunks from the front again - been in to Audi for a couple of the front arms to be changed on the recall system already.

Anyone know if the fronts are much harder to do? Apart from the obvious possible problems with the geometry etc?

To remove the old bushes I burnt the rubber out of the middle then using a chissel , bent the inner side of the sleeve inwards to form a lip to give me something to hammer a large socket against to drive the sleeve out. (Poor description). Came out quite easily.