Audi A3 Sport suspension too firm

Monsoon

Reaction score
Hi

I recently bought a one and a half year old, new shape, Audi A3 2.0 Sport. I am very happy with it except one thing - I find the suspension very firm and have enquired at two local Audi dealers whether the springs and shock absorbers can be changed to the standard setup. One told me no, the other yes but at a cost of £2000. Independent garages don't seem to be able to help. Does anyone know of any ways that I can soften the ride, or who could change the suspension setup more cheaply? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had a look at the Koni website - nothing for the new shape A3 yet, but they have adjustable shocks for pretty much every other car!

buy the shocks and springs from euro car parts or gsf etc... and fit them yourself. would be no more than £300

just a note about adjustable shocks, i have them on my a4 and on the softest setting its still quite harsh (more than the audi sport suspention which came on it), but also the damping is nowhere near enough and it bounces a lot, i have mine cranked quite hard now though.