Suspension question s3

tvr1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quick question ive seen some posts in the past about how people are thinking of upgrading the suspension with the kit available from audi.

Now i didnt buy my s3 from new but the suspension is really hard so cant possably see why they would want to upgrade...unless i thought, has mine allready been upgraded??

so thats my question how can u tell if you have the upgrade fitted.

because at the moment im thinking of making it a little softer cos its one HARD ride

I'm pretty certain that the Gmbh springs from Audi have a different colour coding on them to the standard, so check to see if there's any paint marks on them, and maybe someone can remember the colour coding...???

Alternatively they could be Eibachs, H&R etc etc so look for the manufacturers name on them.

thanks guys turns out the service dept say its standard.

to be honest im surprised cos if theres an upgrade it must be unreal for "nice" driving.

dont get me wrong the handling on the s3 is sweet but every now and then you fancy taking it a little easy and its a little difficult when you feel every stone in the road.

me personnally would be happy if it was a "softer".

can u degrade perhaps to 1.8 sport suspension ??

or is the height going to look weird ?

how good is the lower spec models suspension.

cheers guys

how does everyone else find the s3 suspension?

Well, I "upgraded" from my std A3TQ suspension to the S3 setup, and to be honest, it's quite an improvement for handling. If you DO decided to get a softer Audi suspension, I'd recommend the A3 Quattro "Sport" setup. It might be a little higher than the S3 one, but not by much. But you'll have to sacrifice some handling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

No probs Dude, just be careful. The A3 T Sport in the UK IIRC is a FWD, and you need a Quattro suspension. Make SURE you're straight on that before buying anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

thx drill ill make sure thay quote me for the right stuff

Try experimenting with tyre pressure. I've got the uprated audi suspension and run 32 psi all round on 18/225/40s.

I'll check mine for colours.

But you'll know if its fitted. Standard s3 sus you'll get a clenched fist in between tyre and wheel arch.

Gmbh Quattro you'll only get 1 or 2 fingers. Plus your rear wheels will have negative camber!

Okay GMBH Quattro sus has a red and white dot on spring. This was off side rear spring - God bless Kracher.

The old s3 suspension has three pink dots I think. Can check again - presumable stands for softies? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

ive got five on mine though and they all look white? maybe some are pink?
I will take a pic tomorrow hopefully to share. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif