need advice on springs

dann959

Reaction score
I have ordered the ronal 17" r38's. I'll be fitting them with my toyo fz4's. My mechanic suggested replacing shocks. I do agree they need to be done the car is 5 years old and has 77k on it. I've decided to go with a set of billsteins, but am left with a big ? about springs. My car currently is fixed with the factory sport suspension. Should i keep those springs to use withthe new billsteins? Is that a good move or are they too old?

Also i might be interested in lowering the car, i looked into neuspeed springs and they say if you are going to use neuspeed or h&r springs that the sport springs will lower your car very little if at all. They say to have a noticable difference you need to purchase the race springs which are set lower? is this true? Can i get h&r sport springs or eibach pro springs and still have a noticable difference in ride hieght over factory sport?

Also H&R race springs say (*Note: These spring sets require special camber adjusting components.) What the %^&* does this mean? Are they implying that you will need an alingment? Or that theres additional parts needed for install?

Also any suggestions on intrax or sprint springs?

I used to have an A4 T Sport. I fitted Eibach springs and found these made little difference to the factory sport ride height

Dann,

I have both bilstein springs and bilstein shocks and can say that I am exremely pleased with them. I had sport suspension like yourself and can say that the shocks didnt lower the car by very much, if at all. However having a matched set (springs & shocks) it improved the handling of the car by quite a noticeable amount.

Depending on which springs you choose (certianly recommend if ur changing shocks) will depend on the alignment requirements of the vehicle. Due to the small amount of height difference in mine there was no adjustment required when I took it for alignment. However if you do get the car to drop by a significant amount then your camber will need adjusting.