JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    Controversial & Contradictive

Status

Sport vs SE Suspension

I bought a B6 audi A4 1.9TDi in SE trim as I found the suspension on the sport too harsh for the quality of roads that I frequently travel on. I find the shock absorption on rubbish roads in the SE to be very good, but I find that the SE has way too much body roll. How can I stop the body roll, without sacrificing the ride quality? I'm not technically minded enough to know the ins and outs of damper and coilovers and springs and the rest of the suspension bits, so any help would be greatly appreciated

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Sport vs SE Suspension

My A4's a sport and when I bought the car it had the standard 16" alloys, I found the ride to be too soft and handling was very poor, I put some 18's on and it did stiffen things up but its no way harsh, best of all the handling was improved 100%.

I hired an SE last year and have to agree the handling wasnt as good as the sport but if you want a smooth ride but better handling you might be best getting some Koni adjustables- if you can.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel

I would have thought an uprated ARB or two would fix the body roll nicely. whilst keeping the soft suspension

TDI
    1st Gear

Status

I have an SE and thought the same thing, but I like the look of the sport version. So I went for Yellow konis with Eibach pro springs and now I have a nice ride with improved looks and great handling. Hope that helps!