Alternatives to Continental Sport Contact 2?

• Thread starter imported_sguilliard
  • Start date
I

imported_sguilliard

Hi,

I currently have Conti Sport Contact 2 tyres on my FWD A4 1.9TDI (130) and am considering the alternatives as they're due to be changed soon.

The SC2 tyres were what came with the car from new (235/45/R17) and so far I just replaced them with the same.

Has anyone got any suggestions for alternatives to these tyres and how do they compare? I've been looking at the Eagle F1s.

Any suggestions please?

I went from Mich pilot sports, which i was happy with but no longer make anymore so i went to the Goodyear eagle f1's and they're pretty good in my book

Hi - Have just made the switch from the continentals, on my 1.9tdi 130 sport.. to Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s, as reccomended by quite a few here..

and..

Wow! I didnt dislike the continentals, but these are superb - and at motorway speeds, far far quieter..

I'm a very happy bunny, handling is spot on, but the car feels great, and the reduction in road noise is much appreciated (I do about 35k a year)

They cost £147.50 fitted per corner, from a local mobile fitter (very pleased with him) for 235/45/17s

Id have happily continued with the continentals but am happier to have switched!

Regards, Ben