Springs, things and lowering kits: Advice wanted please!

sausagefingers

Reaction score
Hi, my Audi 80 is in need of new front shocks. Bearing this in mind I would like to use this opportunity to lower the car at the same time, so have been looking at the lowering kits available. I have found a kit that is suitable for the Audi 80 up to 09/91.

As my 80 was registered 11/92 I would seem to be out of luck but was wondering what suspension modifications took place between 91 and 92 models which makes this particular kit unsuitable.

In short....will this kit fit my 92 Audi 80?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

this is probably going to be for someone with either an itimate knowledge of the 80 or someone with a bit of time to compare suspension parts on ETKA. Unfortunately i don't ave ETKA installed at the mo, so not much I can help you with, but maybe someone else can...???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thanks for your response. It would seem that the kit I have found will not fit. From what I've learned so far the 1992 Audi 80 is a facelift model and the suspension did in fact change....

Pheww! could have bought myself a lowering kit that would'nt fit. I am going to proceed with extreme caution from now on.

Thanks