Hankook tyres

ive got em on my a4, they seem ok, allthough i got a good ripping when i took it for an mot, they said i obviously dont drive in the wet.. i replied yeah they seem fine and they jus laughed. but like i say i push it fairly hard wet or dry and they seem pretty good to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

My experiance is a hard compound tyre with little grip, they seem to have really hard tyre walls, giving a poor ride, but they last ages though!

I had Hankook Ventus on my old car....very hard wearing grip wasnt too bad once you got going but not that impressive in the wet. I drove them really hard and they just kept loads of thread. Would try a better option if i was you.

I wrote my mark 2 fiesta off 12 years ago when hankooks first came to my neck of the woods. I put 2 new 185's on the front xr2 alloys.... the steering definitely felt lighter (less grip?) and soon after on a road i'd driven 100's of times i understeered off..and was very lucky not to do any damage to myself or on-coming traffic (understeer on left turn)

Since then i would never skimp on tyres no matter how cheap your car. Even my 93 Clio has Pirelli's. Or had.

Its the only part of the car that is in contact with the road. And for the price of a few tanks of petrol could really make the difference between a near miss and something more serious....

But at the end of the day i guess if you drive sensibly and well within yourself and car - Hankooks will do the job. But if you are somebody who presses on/drives enthusiatically or whatever you want to call it....get some decent tyres.

Just my $0.02

Would agree with whats above, i remember a lad i used to go to college with put some on his cavelier and every time he tried to corner fastish the tyres let out a huge squile got better with time but still not upto the job really.

Same old story what you pay is what you get

Shop round for extra 20quid you should get good tyre

Thanks guy's
After a little thought I went with the hankook ventus sport k102 they are reviewed on mytres.co.uk and get a better overall score than goodyear eagle f1 .I know they will not be the best but have been out a couple of times once in heavey rain and they did not seem bad at all. My friend had them on his 911 and had no problems. Time will tell.

i had hankook ventus on my old car, they are rubbish imo. lasted well but the grip was poor.