GTI INTERNATIONAL SHOW 4th-6th July 2014

Viper Green chez, get it right. :)

I keep checking the weather as well.
As of 0730 the current report is as follows:
Friday: Raining. highs of 19 with lows of 14.
Saturday: Sunny with intermittent clouds. Highs of 19 lows of 12.
Sunday: Sunny with intermittent clouds. Highs of 17 lows of 12.

As long as sunday is dry for the pack away I'll be happy. Saves having to dry the tent at home.

It might all change again tomorrow.

Will you be able to pay by card at the trade stands? Or do I need to take some cash with me?

I dont suppose anyone has a spare helmet i could borrow for a couple of runs on the 1/4 do they :)?

Oh and while i think of it, is there anyone coming along with vcds who could code my rnse radio/satnav so i can use my AUX with my phone please? :) There will be a few beers in it for yas lol :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex_Wil
my2ubene.jpg

Had a clean and just waiting for the misses to finish work and there for about 5 !

Reactions: Forbzeeee, voorhees and Compkiler
Compkiler, if you cant borrow one, you can hire the helmets there, also please remember that you need to have legs and arms covered, as they will not let you on the strip with t-shirt or shorts on.

Im sure there will also be a few people there with VCDS too :)

I saw a black MK1 Golf today with a GTI Internationals sticker in the back window. We are travelling 142 miles to Gti Internationals on Sunday.

Reactions: Compkiler and Sandra
We shall be coming along tomorrow to man the BBQ, giving out free burgers and talking tuning for anyone that would like some advice about tuning products.

Reactions: Nilz, DAYTONA 500, Sandra and 2 others
Good day today....little wet in the morning and quite hot for the rest of the day. If your coming on Sunday see you there and come and have a burger thanks to Tdi Tuning :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandra, DAYTONA 500, Alex_Wil and 2 others
See you bright and early boss

Reactions: Sandra
Dont forget the sun cream lads!!!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
To late! My heads burnt to **** 😡 lol

Reactions: ScottD3 and Nilz
Hi guys, sorry it's late on but I won't be attending tomorrow. Partners been to hospital and needs some after care so won't be able to come down. Absolutely gutted but gotta be there for your loved ones. Got 2 tickets spare, in Stoke On Trent if anyone was going to get them on the day. Have a great day and look forward to catching up at AITP.

Hi guys, sorry it's late on but I won't be attending tomorrow. Partners been to hospital and needs some after care so won't be able to come down. Absolutely gutted but gotta be there for your loved ones. Got 2 tickets spare, in Stoke On Trent if anyone was going to get them on the day. Have a great day and look forward to catching up at AITP.

Hope your partner is ok and recovers soon. If you were closer i would have had a ticket off you.

Hi Guys

Just a quick thank you for coming along and a masive thank you to TDi Tuning for the Sponsorship of the BBQ... and I'm sure that everyone who got a free burger or hotdog feel the same....

I'm burnt to a crisp both by the sun and the BBQ :)

Adam

Reactions: TDI-Tuning, DAYTONA 500, Compkiler and 5 others
Had a great day on Saturday, Thanks very much for the hospitality and burgers. You could set up professionally with that .
Nice to speak to a few people off the forum.
Spent most of my time messing around on the quarter mile.
Fastest time of the day 13.35s at 104.8mph , A slight improvement on my best quarter mile time. Unfortunately I don't think the strip there is as quick as Santa Pod but everybody has the same issues.
Had a few people asking me about the car, the old man in the diesel estate wasn't really supposed to be going that fast.
At least the guy in the 4.2 v8 S5 thought that, ran against him twice and beat him twice. A few S3's and various other cars. Only got beaten twice once by a very quick Golf R32 who was ran a 12.5 121 mph time and myself when I missed the gear change 2nd to 3rd and found 5th so just carried on in that gear, I should have won that one.
I thought I had a chance of getting fastest diesel of the day and my name did get called at the trophy ceremony, unfortunately they called for 1st and 2nd fastest people

and I was second fastest diesel on Saturday.
The quickest was Michael Till in a MK2 Golf Synchro with a 2.0 BLT Fabia engine, hybrid turbo and a 200bhp shot of NOS. He was about 0.3s quicker than me probably due mainly to the fact he was about 350kg lighter than me.
I have added some pictures, videos and stuff on my build thread.

Karl

Reactions: Nilz and jojo
Had a good...expensive day! Lol thanks to the guy in the black S3 for lending me your stand pass :D

Good to catch up with a few familiar faces, i thought the show was quiet this year in comparison to previous years, the food was spot on and the weather was decent yesterday too :)

Hi Guys

Just a quick thank you for coming along and a masive thank you to TDi Tuning for the Sponsorship of the BBQ... and I'm sure that everyone who got a free burger or hotdog feel the same....

I'm burnt to a crisp both by the sun and the BBQ :)

Adam

Hi Adam,

Great job on the BBQ, most appreciated.

I know what you mean about been burnt to a crisp, my forehead is bright red and as tight as a drum.

At my age I should know better!

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and Compkiler