AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By DJ-S3
  • 1 Post By GNJ_Motorsport
  • 1 Post By thwaitesy

Thread: Loba/Sachs SMF Kit

  1. #1
    DJ-S3's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wakefield
    Posts
    683

    Loba/Sachs SMF Kit

    I ordered my kit on Friday night with Graeme, Tuesday morning it arrived. Now that's what I call service! Graeme is a top bloke and sorted me out with the best deal I could find on the kit. Even asked me if there was any questions about the kit I needed answering before he took payment. Definitely be ordering with him in the future and I can put my hand on my heart and say its been a pleasure doing business with you.

    I highly recommend GNJ Motorsport and Graeme.

    Dom
    Kelza and GNJ_Motorsport like this.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    GNJ_Motorsport's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lancashire, England
    Posts
    646
    Thanks Dom very kind of you to take the time to comment on the service. Glad we could help and let me know how you get on with it

  4. #3
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    Thanks Dom very kind of you to take the time to comment on the service. Glad we could help and let me know how you get on with it
    totally agree top bloke. Ordered mine Monday received it Wednesday very helpful!
    GNJ_Motorsport likes this.

  5. #4
    GNJ_Motorsport's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lancashire, England
    Posts
    646
    Thanks Harry the feedback is much appreciated

  6. #5
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12
    Had mine fitted Friday night at a mates garage. No problems fitted new slave cylinder and bolts. Couldn't believe how involved it was there was two of them doing it and the amount of bolts lined up was scary. I must say the pedal is so different I will get use to it but bit worried about the misses little legs trying to drive it just got to remember to give it a few more revs. It is also noisy bit like a diesel but I notice it more as I'm listening out for it. Just glad to have no clutch slip def noticeably quicker cheers gnj MotorsportMotorsport

  7. #6
    GNJ_Motorsport's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lancashire, England
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by thwaitesy View Post
    Had mine fitted Friday night at a mates garage. No problems fitted new slave cylinder and bolts. Couldn't believe how involved it was there was two of them doing it and the amount of bolts lined up was scary. I must say the pedal is so different I will get use to it but bit worried about the misses little legs trying to drive it just got to remember to give it a few more revs. It is also noisy bit like a diesel but I notice it more as I'm listening out for it. Just glad to have no clutch slip def noticeably quicker cheers gnj MotorsportMotorsport
    The pedal frees up a bit with a few miles The noise is something you get used to, it annoyed me a little at first but I soon got used to it.

  8. #7
    Jonse's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    376
    Bought the clutch as well from Graeme. Service was excellent and delivery so quick.

    I have noticed the same about the clutch with the pedal is something to get use to but ive also had a paddle clutch before.

    The noise is funny as sometimes cant hear it at all and others its kinda loud, But the way it drives now is amazing. I can feeling it pulling through out the whole range

  9. #8
    GNJ_Motorsport's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lancashire, England
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonse View Post
    Bought the clutch as well from Graeme. Service was excellent and delivery so quick.

    I have noticed the same about the clutch with the pedal is something to get use to but ive also had a paddle clutch before.

    The noise is funny as sometimes cant hear it at all and others its kinda loud, But the way it drives now is amazing. I can feeling it pulling through out the whole range
    Glad you're happy with the clutch and service mate

  10. #9
    DJ-S3's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wakefield
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by GNJ_Motorsport View Post
    Thanks Dom very kind of you to take the time to comment on the service. Glad we could help and let me know how you get on with it
    Clutch was only fitted yesterday by statllers in Sheffield, but so far after only 50miles, there is not chatter (I expect that to come after a few hundred miles or so) the clutch is heavier but nothing I wasn't expecting or can't live with (other half's mini coopers clutch IS heavier...) it grips and holds the power down very well, although I haven't been able to give it the beans as of yet. There is a vibration through my prop shaft (statllers said and I have noticed) at 2500rpm down to 2000rpm when slowing down in gears, doesn't bother me much, just means I'll have to not slow down ;p

    I got told by the mechanic that I don't have to do so many miles running it in and just use it as I would normally (obviously don't do drag starts) but I think I'm still going to take it steady for the first few hundred miles, as of which I shall report back. All good so far though :D

  11. #10
    GNJ_Motorsport's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lancashire, England
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ-S3 View Post
    Clutch was only fitted yesterday by statllers in Sheffield, but so far after only 50miles, there is not chatter (I expect that to come after a few hundred miles or so) the clutch is heavier but nothing I wasn't expecting or can't live with (other half's mini coopers clutch IS heavier...) it grips and holds the power down very well, although I haven't been able to give it the beans as of yet. There is a vibration through my prop shaft (statllers said and I have noticed) at 2500rpm down to 2000rpm when slowing down in gears, doesn't bother me much, just means I'll have to not slow down ;p

    I got told by the mechanic that I don't have to do so many miles running it in and just use it as I would normally (obviously don't do drag starts) but I think I'm still going to take it steady for the first few hundred miles, as of which I shall report back. All good so far though :D
    Good stuff

    I like selling these as I know from experience they are a good kit and make driving a tuned manual S3 a lot better. Thanks for the feedback.

  12. #11
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    177
    Hi Graeme,

    I am looking for the sach/loba SMF kit for my car. (Audi S3 2007)
    Could you drop me a PM with a quote please?

    Alot of people from this forum has told me to speak to you for the best price around
    Many Thanks
    Will

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Sachs SMF conversion kit B)
    By Benjiman46 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th January 2013, 11:12
  2. Loba/Sachs SMF Conversion Group Buy
    By ben@amdessex in forum News & Latest Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th October 2012, 11:12
  3. loba sach clutch + smf - noise issue
    By z1mma in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 14th August 2012, 21:48
  4. sachs lowering kit
    By andybnwc in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 8th November 2008, 19:26
  5. WIN a Sachs suspension kit for Mk 5 Golf etc
    By NBirkitt in forum Volkswagen and other VAG
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th February 2008, 17:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO