My first independant service

Anito

Reaction score
So the AVS was coming close to being due and now the car is out of warranty (although thats a joke) I made my mind up ages ago never to send it back to an Audi dealer.

Boy am I glad.

Took it to my mate who runs a garage. AVS service, 4 yrs, 68K Miles.

Basically he's replaced everything. He commented that the air filter had more dirt than a babies nappy and the spark plugs looked like they were hi-jacked from a morris minor. So he replaced everything, except one belt (can't remember which) but he said it was easily good for 100-20K miles.

Suffice to say that the journey home was soooo impressive. the car drove really nice, it felt like there was loads of power under my right foot and a job really well done.

The best of it... £258. It took him 7 hours to do the job.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Sounds like a good deal bet Audi would have been 4x that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I always use local garage bloke is 100% legit, £25 p/h

You're so lucky. I wish I had a good mate who could do this for me.

I've had so much trouble with independants and I'll have to bite the bullet and go back to Audi.

Mine's an Audi 80 Sport 2.0, 10 years (in january), with the same mileage (68000) and while it's not a brilliant car I love it like a brother and maintain it well.

If anyone knows a good independant Audi servicing garage in my area I would love to know (Newcastle NE England).

[ QUOTE ]
Derek Ross said:
Sounds like a good deal bet Audi would have been 4x that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I always use local garage bloke is 100% legit, £25 p/h

[/ QUOTE ]

I know my mot guy isnt wanting to make money from stuff he points out- Its a Lorry repair place that does mot on side, wont touch any car work!! not even adjust my lights!

I once asked them to do some welding work they said needed doing on my old Golf exhaust- they pointed out that their welder was way too big /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The best of it... £258. It took him 7 hours to do the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that parts + manual?