A6 Door Lock

Towerman

Reaction score
Posted this in the wrong forum recently... My front passenger door is stuck in the locked position. I can't open it to remove the trim to get access to the lock. I can't remove the trim whilst it is locked. The other doors are working fine. Help!!!!! Any suggestions that would avoid damaging the door trim? What would an Audi dealer do in a situation like this and how much would it cost to have rectified?

Not sure, but it seems like you could get a "slim jim" to break into your car just like a car thief would. It might set off the alarm, but you would have the key right there, so it wouldn't matter. Anybody on here know where you can get a slim jim in the UK and how much it would cost? I surely don't. It might have a different name over there too. Lots of times police officers and locksmiths will have slim jims too. You know, just in case somebody locks their keys in their car.

This is a difficult one.

I had problem which was the opposite but sounds similar.
When I opened the passenger door I couldn't close it again because the lock mechanism was jammed.

This had nothing to do with the central locking though so I removed the lock and cleaned it then lubricated it with WD40 to solve it.

The only option I can think of is to compeletly remove the paneling on the inside of the door to see what's happening. Also try to remove the panel on the door post as you can trace the electrics for the central locking on my audi 80 for the central locking to this point. (i know this because I fitted my own alarm and wired it in at this point).

If you are unsure definately get Audi to do it (Expensive) at least you'll have some come back for any damage but they will tell you up front.

I assume you have tried with the key in the passenger door lock :) (sorry had to ask the obvious first :)).
otherwise cbass is right, you will have to get a locksmith to open the door for you. Are you a member of the AA? they would be able to open it for you.

Thanks for the suggestions so far folks. Unfortunately, the passenger door on this car does not have a lock, it is all operated by remote control or the only key lock that is on the driver's door. I'm told that the lock mechanism nowadays is contained within a sealed unit to prevent the use of a 'Slim Jim'. I'm a member of the AA but they wouldn't be interested because I do have access to the car. Keep the ideas coming though, Cheers.