Help needed A4 2.0T engine very rough and no power

Andy D

Reaction score
My 2006 2.0 TFSI A4 has been a joy for the last 9 months, I went for a drive tomight and accelerated off of a roundabout, there was an immediate loss in power although the car still drives very slowly, the engine now sounds like a bag os spanners and very lumpy.

It's quite lumpy on idle and sounds horrific when revving, a bit like a subaru boxer engine with a bad exhaust.

I had it remapped last summer with no problems at all.

I've no idea what might be the cause, I've defo not put diesel in it.

Any help would be fantastic

I really hope so, I've got images of a Turbo vein in the engine somewhere....eeek!

I've had it recovered to a local garage who will plug it in to their diagnostics tomorrow morning, I tried Glasgow Audi but they refused to take it after 6pm and stated their bollards would be locked

Thanks again Byzan, I've just had a call from the garage, the coil pack has gone on cylinder 4.

Should have the new one delivered on Monday, not got a cost yet but still smiling as I thought it was going to be a humungus problem like a snapped timing belt or turbo blown or something.

Make sure they use a genuine one, pattern ones are not as hardy, and only cost a few more quid. Sub £40 for the part anywho !!