a3 1.9 tdi 110bhp ? power loss help please

madmark

Reaction score
hi to all im new to the site and just got a a3 x reg 1.9tdi problem i have is when the car warms up to running temp it loses its power as if it doesent have a turbo seems fine when its cold doesent put any warning lights on and seems to have a bit of power if you feather the throttle push the pedal down it pulls back any idears on what it could be i had a service done but it was doing this before the service and still doing it after help please and once again hello to all :arco:

Last edited:
hi to all im new to the site and just got a a3 x reg 1.9tdi problem i have is when the car warms up to running temp it loses its power as if it doesent have a turbo seems fine when its cold doesent put any warning lights on and seems to have a bit of power if you feather the throttle push the pedal down it pulls back any idears on what it could be i had a service done but it was doing this before the service and still doing it after help please and once again hello to all :arco:
:sob: just tryed the air mass meter and it isent that any idears:keule:

Hi have you taken the car to your audi centre was ther any faults stored in the engine ECU? If not I would suggest looking to see when the fuel filter and air filters where last replaced failing that check the acctuator rod on the turbine make sure it moves nice and freely and is not jammed let me know how you get on cheers

had a full service done last week including cambelt had a readout done on the car shows a fault with the turbo charge wastegate regulator replaced that still done it replaced the maf sensor still does it any 1 have any idears temp seems fine starts and runs fine untill i get on a open road and hold the power on for about 10 seconds seems to stop the turbo working then i pull over turn the car off restart and its fine :lmfao:

will check the the accelorator rod today and all the air pipes and get back to you thanx for your reply and info :rock:

no the rod seems to run free and smooth ? the car is putting itself in to limp mode untill i switch it off and restart but is not showing no codes or warning lights could it be the cat ?

Last edited: