DSG gear shifter removel ..

dodgyd

Reaction score
hi guys ..i got this gear shifter on my a3 , i just got all the parts i need to put right ..but dont know how to remove the knob/shifter ( dont think its an audi one maybe a golf one ? )....iv asked at my audi dealers & they said " we cant tell you how to remove but we can remove for you at a cost of £50 "..( WTF )...but then i will have to fit all my new stuff there as i wont be able to drive it then ...lol ,..pic enclosed ...( please help ...lol )

26062009567.jpg

26062009568.jpg

come on guys ....sombody must have an idea please ......

hi pal , thanks very much for that m8...its a skoda octavia knob on a a3 i since found out ..iv got all the stuff from audi to replace , just cant get the knob off ...lol , i askd audi to show me how to get off but they said " for legealty reasons we cant , but we get a mech to show you how , will take him half hour & will cost you £ 50 ?."...WTF..to get a knob off ?...think been il have to put back to drive home ...so if i cant off while at home ....another £50 ... lol....dont you love audi dealers for there super help ...lol

hi guys , got it sorted ....for anybody who maybe in the same boat ..

underneath the gater there is a little clip round the bottom of shifter grab some pliers & loosen this clip , but ign on place car in N pull the button out ( tape the button up so that it does not go back in , if it does you cant put back on )...once button out stand with one foot in each footwell & give the shifter a good yank ..( nearly put knob instead of shifter then ...lmfao )...& then it should pull off along with gater & gear indicater

hi there got an a4 auto .im tryin to change knob but no one seems to know how.para creepin in