Volks AutosBadger5

Thread: 6 Cd changer...

Reverse Gear

Status

6 Cd changer...

Hey guys, just need a bit of advice.

Ive just got a 2006 Audi A4 Cab S-Line model, at the moment its got the standard Cd player in there, Just wonderin could i put i 6 Cd changer in..?
    Where does it go...? Wheres the best place to get one...?

Thanks Again.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Anyone..?

Status
    Yes you can add a changer, ebay is your best bet, not sure on the cabrio where it goes, but I'd go for a glovebox changer. Also check to ee if it's pre-wired for one. Pull the HU and see if there's a cable coming off the changer port. If it's blank then you'll need the cable as well (obviously).
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

6th Gear

Status
    It goes in the glovebox, top right, a new glovebox is required with a slot for the CD changer, although you can sort of fit it on the shelf of the original glovebox. No cabling will be in place, so you will need a cable set.

1st Gear

Status
    Hi
    It fits in the glove box & infact I have just taken mine out to have a dvd player fitted, so if your interested I have one for sale.
    A3 CABRIO S-Line 2.0 TDI DSG
    Liquid Blue-Blue Hood. Celtic Tunning Remap with E Motion -RNSE-Seperate DVD Player-100gb Portable Hard Drive-USB-Phone Prep-Exnon Adaptive Lights-Heated Seats-Lumber Support-Acoustic Parking-Light & Rain Sensors-Interior Light Pack-Storage Pack-Cruise Control-Folding Dipping Mirrors-Interior Auto Dipping Mirror-Bose-Hill Hold-SDS-FBMFSW - Alpine iPod Controller

Sheridan

Status
    Hi,

I have had two cabriolets now and both have had the Symphony CD player which contains a 6 disc changer. The first had a radio tape and 6 CD changer all within a single double din unit. The second one in my 58 plate one is just a radio and 6 CD changer again all housed within a single double din unit. The gents are correct you can have a 6 CD changer in the top right hand side of the glove box which will involve changing you glove box and running a cable from your head unit. If you install a double din unit you can either have the Radio, tape and CD unit or just the radio and CD unit then both will accept either another CD changer in the glove box or an Ipod connection in the glove box. So that is either 12 CD's or 6 CD's and a number of thousand songs on you Ipod.
    Do you have a single or double din unit in your cabriolet? If you have a single din unit then you can get another cage and lower the aircon unit to create a double din space. If you already have a double din unit then it is a straight swap for the symphony unit, please note however if my memory serves me correct that the cabriolet unit is different from the other double din units, they may look the same but the cabriolet unit has tapered sides. The functionality is the same but the face plates are different for the A3s, a4s and a4 cabriolets.

Picture of current Audi symphony unit.

Hope this helps,

Sheridan
    A4 Cabriolet 2.0T Special Edition in Quartz Grey with Black leather, parking distance control, bi-Xenon headlights, Bose sound, Synphony Cd, Comfort pack (Electric memory seats, auto dimming rear view mirror, auto dimming folding mirrors, Auto lights & wipers),Heated seats, Auto air recert, Colour DIS, I-pod connection, Wind deflector.
    Mods: LEDs inside and out, Revo, Milltek, Dension Ice, smart top