DSG 40k service - complicated?

AndrewB

Reaction score
Hi,

The service book indicates I need a DSG service at 40k. I guess this is just oil & filter.

Is this a simple enough job for a good independent (any in North East England?) - or should I send it to a dealer?

Should I avoid an indi if they've never serviced a DSG before?

I don't mind paying dealer prices, if it's the best way to keep the box well maintained. Teesside Audi want £600 (DSG, V6, Haldex), but I'm tempted to try a local indi called Oxford Garage.

All opinions welcomed.

Go to a dealer. Replacing the oil in DSG gerbox requires a special tool.
The box holds about 7 liters of special oil. First it has to be drained out (only 6 - 6.5 liters will actually come out), than the gearbox has to be refilled. This refilling task requires that tool. the oil cannot be put in quickly. The gear box is filled little by little. It took about 3 hours to do my gearbox.

And make sure they replace the filter and the screw that closes the filling hole. Do not let them use the old one.

Thanks -that's the most technical information I've heard so far.

1 up for the dealers. Anybody want to wade in for the independents..? Anyone had a DSG service from an indi?

i had mine done at JVW in St Helens at 20k , north west though not north east - took a couple of hours but i cant remember the price, sorry

Getting my DSG done at Audi, £127 its costing.