N75 Race Valve

S3DBW

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with these? http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/n75-info.html
From what I can see, they simply modify the restriction on the outlet to the wastegate therby giving a slight increase in boost pressure.

I have also read in other forums discussion relating to adjusting the small screw that you can see when you look down on top of this valve, presumably this tensions the spring inside the solenoid valve.

regards

DavidW

yes you can reset using vag com. but it doesnt solve the problem. Because you only switch into that mode if there is a reason for it.

also by just tricking the ECU into giving more boost doesnt necessarily increase the cars performance.

By increasing the boost alone without correct fueling etc charge temperature can increase actually reducing performance.

a far better way of doing it is having the mods carried out in you ECU. i.e. having the car chipped.

Car is chipped and I own VAG-com, just double checking my facts.. I will try this little tool out and do a few logging runs (before and after). I,m looking for a little edge without having to spend too much.

Hi Brett,

Was that reply from ECS? It will be interesting to see what they come up with. As I said in previous post I will keep you informed of my experiences (ggod or bad) when I get it fitted. As a matter of interest are you running a 210ps S3 or 225ps. I ask as having owned both I find a big difference in the way the standard boost control system operates between the two models and the spiking issue may be related to that.

regards

DavidW

HI

Yes from ECS. ( I have the original mail if you like)
Mine is 210 and chipped... As I said it seems to only spike in the higher gears, You can really hear the Turbo spool up with this in and the butt Dyno detects as significant change... but at what cost over the longer term I wonder.
I will do some comparison runs and log the graphs of 114 and 115 in VAG-COM when I get a free moment and post the results.
I will also try it for a few laps at Mantorp on the 10th May and see if the higher revs make a difference.
You tend not to tool around below 2500 rpm on the track and hence the system never really requests MAX boost and therefore spikes may not be an issue.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Thanks for that,the information will be interesting. From my experiences the management system on the later models has proved to be slightly more refined. With my 210ps version the boost tended to come all at once, whereas my current model is more progressive. This may show different characteristics with the different valve.

regards

Any updates on your experences with the N75 valve, i was thinking of getting an ecs one.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Still waiting, sent several emails over the last couple of months. They acknowledged the problem and promised a fix would be ready in 4 weeks or so.. (I think I posted it somewhere here).
But no Joy yet-

e-mailed them

[ QUOTE ]
We have had some cases were some of the cars have went into limp mode because to high of a boost spike (in which if this is the case you will receive a full refund for the product). I also have had many which never had a problem. We are on working on a fix for this but do not have an ETA on it yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I wonder how you prove that this is the case..
Anyone have a clue what the Boost limit is (maybe some form of gradual blow off valve is all that is needed)