Programming Keyless window closing / opening

I

imported_paranoico

Hello...

I didn't know where to place this post, so I guess tech swould be the most appropiate place.
I have recently acquired a used A6 V8 and it only had one key. This is the master key w/remote (switchblade) and it is supposed to open and close my windows if I keep the button pressed (My previous Allroad did this from the first day) but it doesn't.

Is there a way to program the key to do this? Also, anybody know how much it costs to get a second key?

Thanks,
Paranoico.

If I recall, you need a VAG-COM to do the reprogramming if you don't want the dealer to do it. There is a way to reprogram a key to unlock the doors, but I don't think it includes the window up/down function.

Second keys from the dealer are around $80 if I recall.

To learn how to program the remote/central locking features with a Vag-com go to http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB5.html I have quted the part of interest below.

35-Central Locks: -- KWP-1281
VAG-COM Works fine (note: pre-'97 A4's may not have this module).

Recode locking options

[Select]
[35 - Cent. Locks]
[Recode - 07]
Enter the coding below
[Do It!]

Write down the existing coding for future reference.

A4 pre-1998 with Delta radio and anti-theft system
Standard Coding: 03468

A4 pre-1998 with Delta radio, anti-theft system and keyless entry
Standard Coding: 12172

A4 1998+ with Concert/Symphony radio and anti-theft system
Standard Coding: 03340

S4, A4 1998+ with Concert/Symphony radio, anti-theft system and keyless entry
Standard Coding: 16140

Add the following options to your coding number:

+64 Windows up, sunroof close, and windows down with remote.
-04 One touch unlock of all 4 doors and trunk
-1024 Remove horn honk when arming
+32 Auto lock/unlock of doors (Doors lock at 15 mph and unlock when key is removed)

So, if you want to have a 1999 A4 with Concert radio and anti-theft system and keyless entry, and you want to add window control with the remote along with auto-lock, then:
add 03340+64+32= 03436

Let me know if youhave any specific question, I have done this on my A4 also.

-Brad

PS. The coding is the same for an A6/All-road, i.e. it might be stored in a different place, but you still add or subtract the same numbers off of the code.