Replacing intrior trim

Jose_85

Audi Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

New to the forum and had a check to see if this had already been requested but couldnt find anything so i was wondering if you could help??

I have just bought an Audi A3 2004 (8P) pre face lift 1.6SE FSI....

Only problem is that it has a wood interior trim and at my age 23......i dont think it really goes with the image of the car im looking for.

Long story short is, does anyone know how much it is to buy the inserts for around the gear box and in the doors (front&back) and where to get them from? I would like the silver inserts i think they have them on the S-Line's?

Thanks for your help as i cant find this anywhere!

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1606/woodtrim.jpg <<thats what i currently have :blink:

I'm in the same position, want to get rid of the wood, but can't find any trim parts. I guess it's gonna be Audi parts but that'll be ££££'s!

take them off rub them down prime them and paint to the colour of your choice thats what i have done my car is silba sea and so is my door and dashboard trim they are only held on with spring steel clips very easy to remove and it will save you a fortune and you can litterally have any colour you desire

£210 for silver ones from my local Audi................ :( not too happy about that i can tell you that much, i would consider trying to do it as my cousin works for the car people spraying cars and what not so he could do a good job but i would be interested to see what the ones yendall24 did look like?? Any pics mate?

thanks Scottie, i think its just going to be a case of getting them from Audi, i really do need them though as the previous owner decided the blue dash and Walnut trim looked good :S

lads i am a bit thick with computers i wish i could post pictures .but believe me it is simple remove the trims get your self some wet and dry emery cloth rub them down to the aliminium this is time consuming but worth it when you have all traces of the old paint removed rub them with the finest emery you can buy when this is done give them 2 or 3 light coats of primer i used grey plasticote general purpose primer allow to dry then give them 3 to 4 coats of the colour of your choice leave about 10 minutes between coats when this is dry give them 2 to 3 coats of clear laquer allow to dry at room temperature for a couple of days then refit you will be pleased with the outcome and you will have saved a fortune mine have been on the car for 9 months now and they still look as good as the day i sprayed them

sorry to drag this old thread up BUT is their two different silver trim you can get or is it like piano black, standard plastic, wood effect or the aluminium? because someone on another website i went on said that you can get a carbon look one? or one that looks similar to the aluminium?!

i think there is 2 sorts of aluminium trim.

smooth and fish scale.