Fitting Parrot Mki9200

joe.c

Reaction score
Hi

I hope someone on here can give us a hand with this cos im a tad confused.

I'm looking to fit a Parrot MKi9200 with the ipod connection to my Audi A3 2005. My audi is still fitted with its original Concert Radio and doesnt have Bose.

Ive heard that if I connected the parrot straight into the head unit using an SOT lead it would only come out the front speakers. This is apparently due to the fact my car is part amplified.

Has anyone got any ideas about how I can fit it?

Also does anyone have and wiring diagrams of the connections to the harness of the radio

Cheers Guys

i will try and get a diagram from the guy who fitted mine i have the 3200 and that works fine with concert

Thanks,
At least there light at the end of the tunnel now :), because I'm just getting more and more confused.
Cheers
Joe

i think ill be installing this as well. just used it in my cousins car and it works very well.

Hi joe just called the guy up and he said he just fitted as per parrot instructions,and wiring in the kit didnt take him long to fit hope this helps cheers Ian

Cheers for checking heliflyer

Does yours just come through the front speakers or does it come through all. Cos according to a shop i spoke to if i connected it straight up to the radio it would just come out through the front speakers, I wouldn't mind that for the phone function but when im using the ipod ideally i would like it to come through all speakers.

Apparently you can use the 2 line outs to go into the CD changer inputs on the rear of the concert and then connect the rest of parrot normally, that way calls will come through the front and when u wanna listen to ipod you switch to the CD changer. The only problem I've come across is that unless the concert detects the CD changer it will not allow you to switch to those inputs. So apperently i need an CD changer emulator like the Connects 2 Aux Connecter that emulates the CD changer.
Its all very long winded and quite expensive, it all works out as £200+ which is reallly more than i wanted too spend.

Has anyone got any ideas or can anyone confirm the way ive posted above works and what its like.

Also dos anyone have a CD changer? How do you enter CD changer mode on the concert?

Cheers Guys

Reactions: davidmbell
Another idea I've got, again id appreciate it if anyone can let us know if this would work.

The parrot has 2 lines out, (Im guessing left and right) what if i split each line out into 2 connections and spliced them into the line out that goes to the amp. Then the only problem i can think of is how to send a line to the sub.

Cheers

Just tried mine its a ls3200parrot uses front speakers in doors and pillar speakers

In my cousins bmw

phone = front 2 speakers
music = all speakers
cd changer you press a button to chane to ipod and cd changer

with ipod tho the volume will be controlled with the parrot system

I had a look at one today and the tech guy reckons as above that the front speaker sounds come from the radio unit and the rear speakers are driven by the amplifier in the boot so it would only play music through the front speakers.

I am working on a same poject.

I am thinking of:
Parrot MKI9100 2 line out into ch changer line in with cd changer emulator
splice one line out to tel in on COncert radio and have the tel.mute connected and setup in Parrot to NOT mute when playing music.

My idea: when you are playing music put radio in CDChanger and control music with Parrot control. Sound level will be by radio and sound is on all speakers.

When you receive a phone call mute signal is active and the radio will mute music, because one line out is connected to tel in the sound of the telephone conversation will come over the original designed speakers of Audi (probably both front or only left front)

So no connection between the iso connectors and no need to switch to cd-changer first when you want to make a telephone call.

I also have an A3 2005.

I'm useless at any DIY and didnt want to end up with loads of wholes in my car.

In the end i found a place that will supply the Parrot 9200 and Install it for me.

The job was really well done - before comming out to me they ask all my car details, which year, which stero, and then organised all the additional cables that they would need to install - initially i though this is going to mount up in cost - but it was all included in the price - all for £219.99. have a look at their site they also have other offers - but for me i like my gadgets and went for the Parrot 9200 purely for the music streaming. connectmycar.com

I currently have my old 60GB ipod connected to the Parrot in my Glove box, and my blackberry curve as my phone which connects via bluetooth.

Since installing it i have hardly ever used the stero unit unless i need the radio, the ipod holds all the music that i need.

Hi , does anyone know if a parrot ck3100n will work ok with an Audi a3 2004?

Cheers for checking heliflyer

Does yours just come through the front speakers or does it come through all. Cos according to a shop i spoke to if i connected it straight up to the radio it would just come out through the front speakers, I wouldn't mind that for the phone function but when im using the ipod ideally i would like it to come through all speakers.

Apparently you can use the 2 line outs to go into the CD changer inputs on the rear of the concert and then connect the rest of parrot normally, that way calls will come through the front and when u wanna listen to ipod you switch to the CD changer. The only problem I've come across is that unless the concert detects the CD changer it will not allow you to switch to those inputs. So apperently i need an CD changer emulator like the Connects 2 Aux Connecter that emulates the CD changer.
Its all very long winded and quite expensive, it all works out as �200+ which is reallly more than i wanted too spend.

Has anyone got any ideas or can anyone confirm the way ive posted above works and what its like.

Also dos anyone have a CD changer? How do you enter CD changer mode on the concert?

Cheers Guys

As far as I know this is the only way you'll get this to work the way you want (and this is what I am attempting to do with my 05 A3 with Concert.

The parrots own amped output will play phone calls through the front speakers via the loom that breaks the head units output to the speakers.

You then set the parrot to not stream audio and splice both line outs from the parrot to a Connects2 aux input. The connects2 then uses the cd changer socket on the concert.

Then before powering on the head unit press and hold cd and the head unit will then 'see' the connects2 and treat that as a cd changer but playing the audio from the parrot (iPod/iphone etc).

This way music will be through all speakers and sub and volume will be controlled via head unit instead of amped by the parrot itself.

Cheers

David