Badger5Sky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Unhappy Help installing my sub

Hi, I have a 54 plate A3 and want to install my sub. A few people have looked into it but we cant see where you feed the cables thru from the engine bay into the dash etc. as there are no obvious gromits or anything to run them thru i signed up on here to ask you guys??
    Last edited by albert_01; 23rd February 2009 at 20:45.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I have a similar problem on a 2001 A3, i just cant get the power in!!!

5th Gear

Status
    Scott,

Getting the power into an 8L is relatively easy. There is a spare grommet under the plastic flap on the passenger side between the windscrenn and the suspension mount. Comes out behind the glovebox

Albert. There may be something similar on an 8P, but as I have not got one, can't help I'm afraid.

Cheers,
    Last edited by alijames; 31st March 2009 at 13:52.
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

essex boy :)

Status
    i put my power cable through the grommet about half way down the bulhead on the passengers side(look at the bulkhead slightly to the left of the airbox and look down)it's a bit fiddly but it's a hole you can use, there is already a cable runnin through and you can easily push the other wire through which comes out behind the passenger side carpets.
    '98 azure blue a3 1.8t, forge 007p,KW 40mm springs/shocks,18" polished rs4's,s-style chrome mirros,black diamond front 20 groove discs,ebc greenstuff pads,painted and decal'd calipers,colour-coded engine cover,aero wipers,chrome indicator bulbs,l.e.d xenon sidelight bulbs,h.i.d xenon headlight bulb kit,let the work begin!

Latest addition - s style chrome mirrors
    Next up - remap,exhaust