Volks AutosSky Insurance
    BahnStormer

Status

wiring in electrics?

Where is the best point to splice off a spare power line?

Previously, in my Mk3 Golf, I just used to pull out a non-essential fuse (interior lights, etc) and then stuff a stripped wire in the one side and then push the fuse back in (obviously making sure whatever I had wired in was also fused) and then I'd wire the ground to a grounding point on the metal structure under the dash (near the fuse box).

I knwo this is hardly the "recommended route", but I was wanting to see what the recommended method for wiring in something on the Audi A4 would be. Anybody got any diagrams / how-to's that would point me in the right direction? I jsut need a few photo's to see where to get started.

Preferably with a choice of "permanently "on and "ignition controlled" options? Although I can always work these out for myself...

I'm looking to wire in a GPS/laser/radar camera detector (v low current) on the ignition controlled circuit and then also to mount cigarette socket and USB charger on the permanent circuit (yes, I know - can cause battery drain, but I'll probably put an in-line switch to limit the scope of this).

Any help / links appreciated!

edit: this is relation to my B6 A4 Quattro TDi.
    Last edited by BahnStormer77; 20th February 2009 at 08:06.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    The fusebox.
    A6 3.0 TDI.

4th Gear

Status
    you could test the feed to the cigarette lighter socket - i think its on with ignition off, and more convenient to get to than the fuse box, or failing that the power to the radio
    TT-RS 410hp revo
    Fiat 500 1.3 tdi 120hp
    A3 8P 2.0tdi 240hp Autograph Cars
    RS4 B5 520hp MTM
    S3 8L 345hp MTM
    Volvo 850 T5 300hp BSR
    Fiat Punto GT 130hp
    Lancia Delta Turbo 185hp
    Lancia Beta Coupe 122hp
    Mini 74hp

1st Gear

Status
    I used the cig feed and put a 4 port 12v sockets in my glove box. Only ever use them for low voltage things, phone charger, tom tom and things like that.
    Steve

Done: | Ambient Light | 18" Audi RS6 Alloys | Westfalia Detachable Tow Bar & ECU | De-Egg | RNS-E | Bluetooth Kit | RS4 Anti Roll Bar | Audi Torch | Full Rear De-Badge |

To Come: | Audi A6 3.0TDi Le Mans - When I can find the right one!|