Retrofit A4 sat nav to A3

dev

Reaction score
Hi,

I am wanting to buy my mates satnav currently installed in a A4 (2007) and put it into my A3 (2004).

The sat nav was a retrofitted a year ago.

I was hoping that someone may have contact details for someone who can install it for me in the Leeds area.

Any help would be appreciated.

I currently have the Symphony system installed in my car which is the double unit?

I have done a search but not found anything that shows how to take the system out of an A4 and install in a A3

Thanks in advance

I'm pretty sure than with you having the Symphony (double DIN), then you can just transfer it no problems had.

Its if you've got the single DIN stereo when you have to go buying different buttons etc.

I'm not sure if there will be any problems as the system is coming from an A4 though.

I've been having a bit of a wander on ebay to see what the going rate is for A3 Sat Navs.

From reading some of the specifications on the navs on there, I am under the impression that you can't retrofit the A4 sat nav into the A3 - if you look at the pic of the A3
DSCF1422%282%29.jpg

and then the A4
1739_1_b.JPG

Then the corners are curved with the A3, whereas straight with the A4. Which precludes slamming the A4 into your A3.

One of the others more knowledgeable chaps on here will hopefully confirm (or deny!)

The quadlock to ISO adapter? There wont be an Audi number for it as its not an official Audi part. Try Ebay or Kufatec.

you cant, the pic says it all, it doesnt fit.
which is why if youve noticed on the bay that the a3 ones fetch more than the a4 ones, which i guess is down to demand, a3 being more popular than a4.
it may well be possible to trim it to fit but i havent heard of one yet.
ANY questions you may have about rns-e related things then contact a guy on the forum called s8craig what he doesnt know isnt worth knowing.
stick with it though mate and get yourself one as they really are the finishing touch to your car, retro fitted mine and love it.

Does anyone have the part number for the 3 in to 1 connection block - please

Cheers

do your homework on the forum before you install your loom as sometimes some of the pins need switching over, easy enough but thought id mention it.