Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

DIY debadging - easy to do?

I'm thinking about debadging my A4, is this an easy job, or is it best left to the proffesionals? I don't want to damage the paint work...
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

2. # ADS
    ADS

Brum brum

Status
    Easy - you need some strong thread or dental floss and carefully cut behind the badge with it. You'll then need something to get the glue residue off, and depending what colour your car is and how old, you may need to gently t-cut/colour restore to avoid having a shadow left on the car.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

5th Gear

Status
    It's Phantom black and only a couple of years old, so shouldn't be any paint fade, hopefully won't have to be a t-cut job then.

What's best to get the glue residue off with?
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Brum brum

Status
    I can't remember what I used on mine - I think it was either WD40 or Autoglym bug & tar remover
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

Neutral

Status
    Another way you might want to try is to use hot water, I did this on mine.

After washing the car I poured one or two kettles worth of hot water over the badges at the back, then using just my nails got in behind the badge and started to peal it back, the edges come away easy enough. You'll get so far and then need some more hot water. then just repeat the process using more hot water when you feel that the sticker is still holding firm. It sorts out the glue and the badges come away without leveling a - any scratches and b - not very much of the sticker is left behind. for the stuff that is left Autoglym tar and bug remover is the ticket. Dab a good amount on, let it work for a bit then start to rub it off.

I felt this was a better option and the dental floss and i'd used it perviously on my Golf Gti.

Best advice for either method that you end up using is take your time.
    Gone but not forgotten - Silver 2001 210BHP AMK, Black/blue interior, no silver/alloy mirrors, Brembo brakes, Standard LCR disc and DS2000 pads, Bilstein B8 shocks with H&R Springs.
    Present - VW 1.9TDI Passat SE
    To come - A3 Sportback BE 2.0TDI 140

tja
    Neutral

Status

De -badging

Found that hot air gun and credit card works to remove badge, and neat petrol on a cloth will remove residue.

A4

Status
    jusdt use a a plastic card something more sturdyer than a cr card and take your time, the badges will come off with ease ive seen it done many times, they are only adhesive so it will not affect ur paintwork although there will be a colour mismatch

My BM is fixed!

Status
    I would say use a hot air gun or WD40 to remove the sticky.
    To remove the badge, use fishing line in a sawing motion, don't use any tools/cards etc as a slip can cause a scratch, I did mine with fingers only.
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

is it home time yet?

Status
    i find this stuff much better in the trade, pour this sort of stuff on, stand back and watch the badges slide off

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...All-Categories