DRIVER'S DOOR ELECTRICS HELP
I hope someone can shed some light on my driver's door problem that occured today. 2002 A4 SALOON.
I completely lowered the driver's door window. When I went to put the window back up it wouldn't go. I can't make use of the passenger window from any interior switch either. So, my driver window is permanently down.
I've tried wating a few minutes before trying again etc.
A couple of other miscrepancies I've noticed:
I think that's all I've noticed so far! Does anyone have any clues as to what might be the cause of this? I'd be willing to try and locate the problem if any suggestions seem to point to a certain fault (if possible).
- the window switch LED on the driver's door does not light. The passenger one does
- the interior central locking switch (on driver's door) LEDS don't light up
- the courtesy lights stay on when set at position 'level', when all doors are closed
- NO exterior lights flash when I activate the central locking using the ignition key (they flash when I de-activate the central locking with key though)
- alarm LED on interior driver's door doesn't flash when alarm activated
Last edited by jr001; 21st December 2008 at 18:45.
Updated a couple of bits of info if it's any help!
I removed the rubber door-wire guide to reveal a broken EARTH wire and a frayed FEED wire. The wire lengths are not long at all, there's hardly any give in them. An extra couple of cm of wire in these parts would have prevented this problem occuring in the first place. Apparently it's not uncommon across the VAG range. So VAG could listen a little bit harder.
I didn't have soldering iron at hand so I crimped an extra 3cm or so of wire to complete the earth and I taped up the frayed live. Might not last forever, and may need soldering properly in due course but I'm glad I got this one solved at this time of year!